GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Giving Incorrect Recruitment Advice (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=113036)

Sciencewoman 09-02-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconmagnolia (Post 2289474)
There was also another poster on here recently whose signature very much implied that she was Greek, even though she wasn't.

I'm glad she's gone. She is gone, isn't she? I always thought about Dr. Seuss when I saw her signature.

tinydancer 09-02-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2289479)
I think that for the sake of complete research and evidence , we need BOTH user names.

And I need some wine for this party!

Yes and yes. And I don't usually get involved in these discussions.

33girl 09-03-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2289496)
I'm glad she's gone. She is gone, isn't she? I always thought about Dr. Seuss when I saw her signature.

I really don't know
Who you're talking about
But if you'd like to share
Her username, shout!!

Ohhhhhhhh I just remembered as I was writing that little couplet. I thought she was Greek, too.

irishpipes 09-03-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWTXBelle (Post 2289478)
Even if their signatures don't indicate they are Greek, sometimes posters who are not Greek will give advice which strongly suggests that they are.

Exactly. Or, maybe they don't exactly give advice, but they comment on Greek life so regularly that any reader - even regulars - would certainly think that poster was Greek.

maconmagnolia 09-03-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2289496)

I'm not sure if she was banned or if she left on her own accord, but I haven't seen her around in awhile.

GratefulGramma 09-03-2014 09:47 PM

On a travel discussion board that I read, somebody's daughter didn't get a bid she wanted, so she dropped out. There are lots of "mean girl" statements, some attempts by people who seem to know what they are talking about, etc. Now somebody has very authoritatively announced that "it only takes one black ball". Waiting to see where that oe goes.

Titchou 09-03-2014 10:02 PM

That is so old school that is doesn't even warrant a discussion....

Xidelt 09-03-2014 10:03 PM

I know because I saw it in a movie once.

Titchou 09-03-2014 10:05 PM

Yeah...

GratefulGramma 09-03-2014 10:13 PM

There have been a couple of people join the conversation who were Greek or had been. I keep hoping one of them comes back. I am ancient, and I barely remember talk of black balls.

Titchou 09-03-2014 10:22 PM

Same here - this year is my 50th as an initiated member. Dinosaurs roamed the earth back then

33girl 09-03-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GratefulGramma (Post 2289726)
On a travel discussion board that I read, somebody's daughter didn't get a bid she wanted, so she dropped out. There are lots of "mean girl" statements, some attempts by people who seem to know what they are talking about, etc. Now somebody has very authoritatively announced that "it only takes one black ball". Waiting to see where that oe goes.

If you have one black ball (or two) you should be going through fraternity rush, not sorority rush.

KDMafia 09-21-2014 02:57 PM

haha because all the founders of our different orgs, when setting the membership standards sat down and decided "and of course, we must always remember, it only takes one black ball"

AZTheta 09-21-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconmagnolia (Post 2289719)
I'm not sure if she was banned or if she left on her own accord, but I haven't seen her around in awhile.

She wasn't banned, IIRC, and she was just awful in her directed comments/retorts to me. Seriously horribly rude. I put her on ignore. She hasn't been back since others called her out. AND I thought for sure we'd see her when there was a WSU thread recently.

There - is that enough detail?

KerriMarie 08-25-2018 02:45 PM

An update for a super old thread... I'm active posting about sorority life on another site, and someone asked for Recruitment advice about getting invited back to a house they didn't want to visit or had ranked low.

Someone very confidently suggested that they just "sit out" the party by telling their Rho Gam they don't want to visit that house! Luckily, other posters jumped in and set the record straight!

No, you can't just "sit out" a party during Formal Recruitment, even if you REALLY know that you don't want to be an XYZ!