GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Dating & Relationships (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   D&R Random (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=65054)

preciousjeni 04-03-2005 11:14 AM

D&R Random

Why is there no random thread in here???? If there is, please move this on over to it.

Hear the story - Pass the judgment

Ok - don't do that...but do check this fool stuff out

There's a guy in the office where I work (all of us are undergrad/graduates) who is FOIIIINNNNNNEEEEEE. He's so hot it's ridiculous, even though the other girls in my office seem to try to play it off. I don't get that.

Anyway, he often gives me a ride back to my dorm. This past Friday, when I was in his car (which, might I add, is hot as well) I noticed a little index card that said "I [love] you." The "love" was actually a heart sign that had been filled in to look like a strange animal/creature. I honestly thought it was from his little sister or something. So, I was like, "Awww! Who gave you that?"

He's like, "My girl," and ROLLED HIS EYES! Now, I didn't realize he had a girl. But that thought was pushed down by another more evil thought. In my mind I started talking about "OH! He's with one them YOUNG girls. She don't know what she want. She's just with him because he's fine and he drives." All of these horrible thoughts went through my mind until I was thoroughly disgusted with him.

But then I realized, I'm the one with the problem! LOL! OK - I'm staying far away from the younger men. (He's barely 21 and I'm :eek: almost 27).

sugar and spice 04-03-2005 05:57 PM

I have such horrible taste in guys.

Three guys flirting hardcore with me last night, and all I can do is pine for that stupid kid who doesn't let himself care about anyone and uses alcohol to block it all out.

This has to stop.

In other news, I'm glad my ex-boyfriend isn't marrying the chunky girl. No matter how funny it might be.

cashmoney 04-03-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sugar and spice
In other news, I'm glad my ex-boyfriend isn't marrying the chunky girl. No matter how funny it might be.

Don't you mean you? Arent you fat just as well? :confused:

sugar and spice 04-03-2005 07:55 PM

1) Oh honey, I know you can be funnier than that. Try harder.

2) No.

cashmoney 04-03-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

1) Oh honey, I know you can be funnier than that. Try harder.

2) No.

;)

HBADPi 04-03-2005 10:01 PM

Had a date last Friday went alright until he said "wow you have nice calves"....um thanks. Oddest compliment ever.

chideltjen 04-03-2005 10:04 PM

Studying to become an event planner can have it's advantages when trying to educate your SO on the ins and outs of weddings. When he asks if I'm planning ours, I just say I'm just rattling off the facts of the industry. :D

cashmoney 04-03-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HBADPi
Had a date last Friday went alright until he said "wow you have nice calves"....um thanks. Oddest compliment ever.

Maybe he likes big white calves.

HBADPi 04-04-2005 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cashmoney
Maybe he likes big white calves.
Goes to show how much you know me...nice try though since thats olive toned skin to you mr cashmoney. :-P Plus I dont wear those stilettos for nothing...gotta help keep the calves toned. Thanks for playing, try again. :)

CUGreekgirl 04-04-2005 10:25 AM

I'm NEVER giving my heart away again. This was the first time I really gave it away, but it got stomped on and it doesn't feel good.

adpiucf 04-04-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

HB-- awesome. That beats the "Are those your real eyes?" that I got a while back.

(Looking back, I wish I would've come at him with something like "No, they're glass... let me pop em out and show you!")

For the record, yes, my eyes are blue, they're real and they're spectacular ;)

cashmoney 04-04-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Goes to show how much you know me...nice try though since thats olive toned skin to you mr cashmoney. :-P Plus I dont wear those stilettos for nothing...gotta help keep the calves toned. Thanks for playing, try again. :)
:D

cashmoney 04-04-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CUGreekgirl
I'm NEVER giving my heart away again. This was the first time I really gave it away, but it got stomped on and it doesn't feel good.

Maybe you should start using men for sex.

tinydancer 04-04-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by adpiucf
HB-- awesome. That beats the "Are those your real eyes?" that I got a while back.

(Looking back, I wish I would've come at him with something like "No, they're glass... let me pop em out and show you!")

For the record, yes, my eyes are blue, they're real and they're spectacular ;)

BWAHAHAHA!

CUGreekgirl 04-04-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe you should start using men for sex.
Honestly, that is starting to look like a good option.

I mean hell, I thought guys like a girl who was a little bit of a challege. I was just trying to play the game. I didn't even go out w/ the guy and i just said I might go hang out w/ him. Besides, we haven't had the official 'what are we' talk yet, so as far as I know we were still just casually dating (it's only been 1 mnth) and we were still free to date other people. Guess I was wrong.........

FAB*SpiceySpice 04-04-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

I mean hell, I thought guys like a girl who was a little bit of a challege. I was just trying to play the game. I didn't even go out w/ the guy and i just said I might go hang out w/ him. Besides, we haven't had the official 'what are we' talk yet, so as far as I know we were still just casually dating (it's only been 1 mnth) and we were still free to date other people. Guess I was wrong.........

Was this the guy from church?

If so, I could have told you that it wouldn't have been a good idea to date around just b/c you didn't have the "talk" yet.

KSig RC 04-04-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

let me connect the dots for you, because honestly I think you're just bad at guys - here's a rundown of how it looks from the peanut gallery, and remember that I'm seriously trying to help.

1 - you meet boy at church, you're interested, he is too but you're concerned about his lack of experience

2 - you roll out some clown in the bar, afraid this will damage your chance with first boy

3 - you acquire second chance with boy, then begin to see somewhat bootleg patterns in your interactions (which appear to have a large IM component)

4 - you become effusive over the boy, about how great things are going, how you're going to take it slow (even with #2 fresh in mind, or maybe especially), but how you're now very into him

5 - you make a pseudo-step toward going out with another dude (and use the classic 'no-talk' copout), then are stunned when the same kid from step 1 is not cool w/ that. On top of this, you act as if he has done you wrong, because you're now heartbroken.

Now, dude, I think that when it's laid out in this skeleton, you can see more easily the dramatic disconnect in what's been happening. First, I don't think you were nearly into this kid as you wanted to be, either that or you spent a lot of effort to sabotage the relationship - PS that's the number-one sign for "crazycrazycrazy" in girls, to guys.

Second, it's OK to want to date around, especially if you're not ready for a relationship - embrace that, but let the guys know, you'll save a lot of 'heartbreak' (mostly for them, but apparently for you too). If you want to use dudes for sex, do it, but you don't need an excuse for it. Just want to do it.

Third, I think you need to look at how you view these relationships. You seem very centered on your self and how you're being affected - that's all good when I occasionally do it, because I'm kind of a dick and I'm totally up-front about it with those certain girls I'm using for a prop. I'm also not dating virgins I met at church. For you, you'll have to change some things to pull it off. Think about who you're going after, and why, yo.

-RC
--is obviously bored at work, but I mean this in earnest, kid

Peaches-n-Cream 04-04-2005 01:32 PM

I never understood the casually dating other people when you're seeing one person you like unless you really didn't like him all that much.

In other news, I am actually making some wedding progress. We still haven't set a date, but we have information about wedding facilities and prices. GASP! This will be more expensive than I thought, and I thought it would be quite expensive.

HotDamnImAPhiMu 04-04-2005 04:18 PM

Right, so. I've been out a couple times with this guy. Unfortunately he's not that cute. Great otherwise though. So, I kind of haven't decided where I stand on him. Might keep him, might throw him back. It's only been two dates.

How many dates can I go on before this qualifies as leading him on? I'm hoping the pendulum will swing pretty quickly but in the meantime I'm not letting him pay for me when we go out.

chideltjen 04-04-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
In other news, I am actually making some wedding progress. We still haven't set a date, but we have information about wedding facilities and prices. GASP! This will be more expensive than I thought, and I thought it would be quite expensive.
It depends on the day of the wedding and how big the demand for places are unfortunately. Example: Booking a wedding in June on a Saturday will be a lot more expensive than booking a wedding in September/October on a Friday.

Quote:

Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu
Right, so. I've been out a couple times with this guy. Unfortunately he's not that cute. Great otherwise though. So, I kind of haven't decided where I stand on him. Might keep him, might throw him back. It's only been two dates.

How many dates can I go on before this qualifies as leading him on? I'm hoping the pendulum will swing pretty quickly but in the meantime I'm not letting him pay for me when we go out.

Holy cow this sounds like my guy... and we've been together for almost 5 months. He's not an A&E model by far, but he's not a troll either. Cute in his own right, I guess. But he's really really really nice and caring. I don't think it hit me until about a month after we were hanging out together.

But I let him make all the first moves. Since he's shy, it took a while so it gave me time to think. I'd say if your guy isn't complaining about making the relationship more serious yet, just kind of sit on it for a while. However if it's been about 4 dates and still nothing... cut him loose.

sugar and spice 04-06-2005 01:34 AM

I miss him so much right now.
Because I'm an idiot.

AKLJKGJSLGN DSKL:GFKAGJKDLGS:GKLND<

HotDamnImAPhiMu 04-06-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chideltjen
Holy cow this sounds like my guy... and we've been together for almost 5 months. He's not an A&E model by far, but he's not a troll either. Cute in his own right, I guess. But he's really really really nice and caring. I don't think it hit me until about a month after we were hanging out together.

Mine's a shitty kisser.

This changes everything. I just don't think I have the energy to train him properly. And while we're on the topic, ladies, can we talk for a second? I've been working hard for years on my exboyfriends. Every time I release one back into the wild he's better trained than when I got him. What are you guys doing here? Falling down on the job? This one CAN'T kiss (and one of you had him for 3 years, so let's just not even go there) thinks abortion is an acceptable 1st date topic and nipple rings are an acceptable 3rd date topic, and while he's an excellent cook, I can't help but feel somebody wasn't pulling their weight somewhere in the girlfriend chain. Good job whoever got him cooking (and cooking damn well, and with no complaints), but really I have very major issues with the terrible kissing.

Somebody is so off the cheerleading squad for this.

OtterXO 04-06-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Mine's a shitty kisser.

This changes everything. I just don't think I have the energy to train him properly. And while we're on the topic, ladies, can we talk for a second? I've been working hard for years on my exboyfriends. Every time I release one back into the wild he's better trained than when I got him. What are you guys doing here? Falling down on the job? This one CAN'T kiss (and one of you had him for 3 years, so let's just not even go there) thinks abortion is an acceptable 1st date topic and nipple rings are an acceptable 3rd date topic, and while he's an excellent cook, I can't help but feel somebody wasn't pulling their weight somewhere in the girlfriend chain. Good job whoever got him cooking (and cooking damn well, and with no complaints), but really I have very major issues with the terrible kissing.

Somebody is so off the cheerleading squad for this.

Duuuuuuuude, I SO agree with you. I dated a guy a couple years ago who was such a bad kisser that the only analogy I had for it (when trying to describe the horror to my friends) was that it was like eating mayonnaise...EW. It was cold and gross and he just kind of put his tongue in my mouth and left it there...ewwwwwwww. And the scary thing was, like your guy, some girl had let him kiss her like that for 2 years!!! There definitely was a breakdown in the chain of command on that one. I would let the inappropriate dating topics slide for now...maybe he's nervous so I'd give him a chance on that one. But the kissing..............I have no words.

cashmoney 04-06-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OtterXO
Duuuuuuuude, I SO agree with you. I dated a guy a couple years ago who was such a bad kisser that the only analogy I had for it (when trying to describe the horror to my friends) was that it was like eating mayonnaise...EW.

Hahaha.....thats funny. I remember banging a girl once who all my friends wanted to shag. After it happened they all wanted to know what it was like because of how hot she was. It was just outright terrible, I told them it was like fucking a mayonnaise jar-her shit was that bad. :rolleyes:

kddani 04-06-2005 02:17 PM

UGH I HATE HATE HATE BAD KISSERS! I mean, sometimes an initial few kisses aren't good until you get into the rhythm of each other and how the other person kisses, but if it doesn't improve, then it's hopeless. Guess it's a good reason to kiss on the first date ;) Find out earlier!

trying to figure out what the hell to wear for a second date whic entails furniture shopping at both Ikea and Levin's and probably grabbing a bite to eat somewhere. Want to look cute, but we're going to have to load my patio set from Ikea in the back of his SUV I need to also be functional.

OtterXO 04-06-2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Hahaha.....thats funny. I remember banging a girl once who all my friends wanted to shag. After it happened they all wanted to know what it was like because of how hot she was. It was just outright terrible, I told them it was like fucking a mayonnaise jar-her shit was that bad. :rolleyes:
hahahahaha...that's such a different use of mayo as an adjective but it's still gross. My friends still talk about mayo boy as the farthest down on the gross scale as you can get in kissing...haha.

HotDamnImAPhiMu 04-06-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kddani
trying to figure out what the hell to wear for a second date whic entails furniture shopping at both Ikea and Levin's and probably grabbing a bite to eat somewhere. Want to look cute, but we're going to have to load my patio set from Ikea in the back of his SUV I need to also be functional.

Jeans and a tight tshirt.

Seriously who let him kiss her like that for 3 years. Who.

OtterXO 04-06-2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Jeans and a tight tshirt.

Seriously who let him kiss her like that for 3 years. Who.

I agree with jeans and tight shirt, or maybe an athletic-ish fitted track jacket or hoodie. Something attractive but not totally done up.

Okay HotDamn, please explain how bad it is (if only to add adjectives to my kissing description bank) ...is it mayonnaise? or possibly worse? And are you going to keep seeing him?

HotDamnImAPhiMu 04-06-2005 03:41 PM

He makes his tongue too pointy. You know what I mean? And kisses too softly, so it is kind of mayonnaise-ish in that way. Then he warms up.... and he's all teeth. Nothing in the middle. Like some sort of aggressive aquarium fish. He was all over the map.

I kind of felt like a bitch because earlier in the evening I'd been giving him some pointers (uh, Jason, some girls like it better if you don't try to cop a feel immediately on assuming any position other than standing) so I didn't want to give him the impression that (a) he's an idiot or (b) I'm some kind of expert. But, I mean, I *am* an expert in what I like, and he IS an idiot if he thinks this overuse of spit is going to go over well with anyone other than his apparently-too-compliant exgirlfriend from HS/early college.

From what I can tell, he's 25 and not had a consistent girlfriend for long since early college. He's a good catch, too: went to a great undergrad, was in a decent fraternity, has a good job with a well-known organization, has been accepted to law school. And he's nice to his family, seems like an overall decent guy. BUT THIS KISSING. I feel like this could be the dealbreaker alone here.

Anyone want to put out suggestions on how quickly you can identify if he's open to training? I mean, he might be worth it, but I do not want to subject myself to a month worth of bad kissing for nothing. That's worse than no kissing.

OtterXO 04-06-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

He makes his tongue too pointy. You know what I mean? And kisses too softly, so it is kind of mayonnaise-ish in that way. Then he warms up.... and he's all teeth. Nothing in the middle. Like some sort of aggressive aquarium fish. He was all over the map.

I kind of felt like a bitch because earlier in the evening I'd been giving him some pointers (uh, Jason, some girls like it better if you don't try to cop a feel immediately on assuming any position other than standing) so I didn't want to give him the impression that (a) he's an idiot or (b) I'm some kind of expert. But, I mean, I *am* an expert in what I like, and he IS an idiot if he thinks this overuse of spit is going to go over well with anyone other than his apparently-too-compliant exgirlfriend from HS/early college.

From what I can tell, he's 25 and not had a consistent girlfriend for long since early college. He's a good catch, too: went to a great undergrad, was in a decent fraternity, has a good job with a well-known organization, has been accepted to law school. And he's nice to his family, seems like an overall decent guy. BUT THIS KISSING. I feel like this could be the dealbreaker alone here.

Anyone want to put out suggestions on how quickly you can identify if he's open to training? I mean, he might be worth it, but I do not want to subject myself to a month worth of bad kissing for nothing. That's worse than no kissing.

Oh my god, I've kissed a pointy tongue!!!! I always wonder how people have gone so long without figuring out that what they're doing is just SO SO wrong. If I were you and wanted to figure out if he's trainable I would probably say something like "you know, I love it when you ___________ (insert something you like here)" From my experience guys, and inexperienced guys inparticular, would rather know that what they're doing is totally not working. The key is saying it in a delicate way so as not to crush their fragile egos. Try it, if he's a great guy like you say he might be worth a little training!
The guy that I'm dating wasn't horrible in the beginning but wasn't perfect either. I've found that it's getting better over time without me having to say anything, just positive reinforcement! :p

valkyrie 04-06-2005 04:45 PM

If he's going to law school, chances are better than average that he already thinks he's hot shit and won't take kindly to training. ;)

kddani 04-06-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by valkyrie
If he's going to law school, chances are better than average that he already thinks he's hot shit and won't take kindly to training. ;)

hahaha. So true.

If he refuses to learn, kick him to the curb!

No use wasting precious dating time on guys that are good "on paper" but aren't good for you!

sugar and spice 04-06-2005 07:11 PM

Can he really help it if he has a pointy tongue, though? I mean, maybe that's just how his tongue is shaped.

I really hate the guys that have only two kissing settings ("dead fish" and "hungry tiger") though. I wish they gave kissing lessons in sex ed. in middle school.

In other news, I gotta find some way to make this guy stop liking me without actually being mean to him. How does one do that?

GeekyPenguin 04-06-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by valkyrie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

NO, seriously, it is entirely useless to even attempt to reason with law boys. You have to TRICK them.

kddani 04-07-2005 12:03 AM

Date went awesome. Didn't get the furniture I wanted, Ikea was out :mad: But just spent the past hour and a half sitting on the picnic table outside my apartment building that overlooks the entire south hills and the city of Pittsburgh.

le sigh. This one's a keeper

DolphinChicaDDD 04-07-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

I miss him so much right now.
Because I'm an idiot.

AKLJKGJSLGN DSKL:GFKAGJKDLGS:GKLND<

I second that. Want to call the boy desperatly, but am trying to resist.

So, I have a random thing I got told Friday night. I saw a boy I dated for like 3months in college. After not talking for a year, boy calls me out of nowhere. I agree to meet him. We go out for dinner and drinks. He jumps on the check. We watch a movie in his room, I decide to go home before I go with him and his roommates to the bar and lose all self control. And as I was leaving, he asked if i had fun. I tell him we went to dinner and watched a movie. he says this:
boy: sometimes you just need someone to cuddle with
me: so i was just here to fill a void?
boy: you make your own answers.

WTF is that supposed to mean?? And why won't the boy I miss call me?

HBADPi 04-07-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD

boy: sometimes you just need someone to cuddle with
me: so i was just here to fill a void?
boy: you make your own answers.

WTF is that supposed to mean??

He wants a bed buddy and is leaving it up to you where it goes from here.

CUGreekgirl 04-07-2005 12:51 AM

So apparently a little competition is a good thing.

Ever since the boy found out I *might* be hanging out with other guys we have spoken EVERY single night. He even made plans for Friday night on MONDAY so he could be sure that he was the one that got to spend it with me. So for now, I've decided to put off having 'the talk.' Things are good, why mess 'em, ya know?

Sister Havana 04-07-2005 01:00 AM

I just want someone to make out with. Is that so wrong?

sugar and spice 04-07-2005 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
And why won't the boy I miss call me?
Do we need a support group for that, too? Girls Who Are Conquering the Long Island in Order to Cope with the Fact that the Boys They Want Are Making Them Miserable?