GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Why am I in the backroom? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=126644)

srattynursing 05-17-2012 01:50 AM

Why am I in the backroom?

Hi! Last year I was in the front room with all the PNMs. Now, I have been assigned to the back room. I don't understand why and won't get an honest answer from the people who are head over recruitment. I am currently in nursing school and have to talk to people I barely met, so why wouldn't I be a candidate for rushing girls in the front room?

For people that are in charge of recruitment or have dealt with recruitment, what does it mean to be put in the backroom? :confused:

It doesn't matter what you say. I just want an honest answer.

ASTalumna06 05-17-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srattynursing (Post 2146571)
Hi! Last year I was in the front room with all the PNMs. Now, I have been assigned to the back room. I don't understand why and won't get an honest answer from the people who are head over recruitment. I am currently in nursing school and have to talk to people I barely met, so why wouldn't I be a candidate for rushing girls in the front room? What does it mean to be put in the backroom? :confused:

Why don't you ask someone else in your chapter? We have no clue.

srattynursing 05-17-2012 01:56 AM

I understand you don't. That is why I asked what does it mean to be in the backroom. I haven't gotten a solid answer from the people in my sorority, so I'm asking on here.

XAntoftheSkyX 05-17-2012 02:05 AM

We're not the one's that put you there though. We know as much as you do/have told us.

Old_Row 05-17-2012 02:24 AM

Because that's where we hide the fat ugly girls.

moe.ron 05-17-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Row (Post 2146576)

I LOL

knight_shadow 05-17-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Damn, son.

AOII Angel 05-17-2012 09:00 AM

It's also where they hide the people who still use the term "sratty".

amIblue? 05-17-2012 09:20 AM

It's also where we put the girls with bad breath.

ASTalumna06 05-17-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srattynursing (Post 2146573)
I understand you don't. That is why I asked what does it mean to be in the backroom. I haven't gotten a solid answer from the people in my sorority, so I'm asking on here.

You understand that we don't know why you're in the backroom, so you asked us why you're in the backroom?

Makes perfect sense.

AXOrushadvisor 05-17-2012 09:50 AM

There are a lot of reasons and a lot of them have been listed here. The only ones that are missing would be:

Awkward to talk to
No edit function on your mouth so you say inappropriate things

irishpipes 05-17-2012 09:55 AM

Even in super-fabulous chapters, SOMEONE has to do the "backroom" jobs.

agzg 05-17-2012 10:11 AM

Did you break out in hives for your first recruitment as an initiated member?

That's what I did. I probably would have been in the back room if I hadn't gone the Rho Gamma route (and I never broke out in hives again).

Iota Man 05-17-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

LOL! I feel you.

ForeverRoses 05-17-2012 10:25 AM

See all the snark above.

But as IrishPipes said, because SOMEONE has to do it.

A few reasons WHY they might have assigned you:
1) do you have a class conflict at some point in time? If you cannot attend one night, they might have assigned you to somewhere else so that they don't need subs
2) when they were putting together the groups, they tried to get a mix of personalities. for whatever reason, when they finished putting the groups together you were groupless-- nothing against you, it just happened that way
3) maybe you were SO fab at fitting in wherever is needed, that by not assigning you a group, they know they can count on you to sub in wherever needed at a moment's notice

we can't really know why you aren't in the front room. but having spent time in the backroom, I can tell you it's incredibly important.