GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Favorite Bid Day Gifts (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248503)

owlsandkeys 08-09-2023 10:16 AM

Favorite Bid Day Gifts

With bid days quickly approaching, I thought this would be fun! What have been some of your favorite gifts to give (or receive) on or shortly after Bid Day?

I will start:
A bouquet of the sorority's flower
A needlepoint Smathers and Branson key fob with the letters

honeychile 08-09-2023 04:07 PM

I'm having trouble remembering Bid Day Gifts, but I've often sent a special pin holder for Initiations.

Cookiez17 08-09-2023 04:14 PM

Because I went through informal recruitment I didn't get one. My big/little basket had these beautiful hand painted canvases that my Gbig, who's an artist made. I also was able to get my sorority hockey jersey recently, as COVID put a hold on that.

While showing rush through tik tok has been discussed here, I am hyped to see the bid day bags that the SEC puts out!

MSKKG 08-09-2023 11:51 PM

If one of my rec girls pledges Kappa, I give her a Kappa-themed gift (new) and a hand-me-down Kappa-themed gift from my collection of owls, keys, fleurs-de-lis, irises, and Kappa Kappa Gamma letters. I am able to both share my personal Kappa connection with her and streamline my collection of Kappa-themed items from my house!

TLLK 08-10-2023 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSKKG (Post 2497870)
If one of my rec girls pledges Kappa, I give her a Kappa-themed gift (new) and a hand-me-down Kappa-themed gift from my collection of owls, keys, fleurs-de-lis, irises, and Kappa Kappa Gamma letters. I am able to both share my personal Kappa connection with her and streamline my collection of Kappa-themed items from my house!

Like you I will send a gift to one of my rec girls who pledges DG. I have a small stash of nautical themed socks, note cards, scrunchies that I keep on hand for future rec girls or the Collegiate officers that I work with as the House Corporation President. :)

Cheerio 08-10-2023 08:18 PM

One special gift given during our Bid Day was time with our new sisters, inside of the house, during Bid Day (which was actually Bid Night). We met alums, the House Mom, other new members, and saw parts of the house we hadn't during rush.

The first sorority-themed 'gifts' I remember being given came several days later. Initiates visited dorm/apartment rooms, bringing each NM the sorority flower in a decorated bowl of water plus a handmade signature paddle. The latter no longer exists in NPC Land, as NM's gathering required signatures on a paddle from initiated members and fraternity brothers is considered hazing.

Key chains were usually avoided, as putting your QXK house key on a QXK keychain meant when you lost the key/ring, whomever found it would know to which house the key belonged!

AGDee 08-10-2023 08:18 PM

I have a huge stash of squirrel Christmas ornaments so any of the local girls who go Alpha Gam gets an ornament or two. If there's ever one that's not Christian, I'll give her one of my many squirrels.

honeychile 08-10-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2497902)
I have a huge stash of squirrel Christmas ornaments so any of the local girls who go Alpha Gam gets an ornament or two. If there's ever one that's not Christian, I'll give her one of my many squirrels.

I've given Christmas ornaments for my rec girls in the past. My favorite was an azure blue ceramic shopping bag that opened to put another gift inside.