GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Indiana University Recruitment 2024 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248637)

Cookiez17 01-02-2024 04:05 PM

Indiana University Recruitment 2024

I didn't expect to start the first recruitment thread of the year so soon, but Indiana recruitment is here! Here is the schedule:

Open Invite- January 4th-5th (All 22 chapters are visited)
Philanthropy and Service Round- January 6th-7th (max of 16 parties)
Sisterhood Round- January 12-13 (max of 9 parties)
Preference Round- January 14th (max of 2 parties)
Bid Night- January 17th!!!

I'd like to wish everyone involved or going through good luck and may this be a successful recruitment!!

aephi alum 01-02-2024 08:21 PM

Yikes. I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref. Why not 3?

Good luck to all the PNMs and chapters.

Cheerio 01-03-2024 12:03 AM

It makes sense to me to go down to two. All parties involved have had a chance to meet/mix/know one another during the entire first semester. Why drag out the process if houses/pnms have the idea they know where their hearts are?

PGD-GRAD 01-03-2024 07:12 AM

Our neighbor girl pledged Theta at IU last year and just went back two days ago to prepare for recruitment. From listening to her, VERY few PNM’s had 9 left at Sisterhood—many had only 3 or 4, some only 2—so perhaps ranking 2 is not that difficult for many.

shadokat 01-03-2024 08:12 AM

NPC believes, with RFM, that by preference, PNMs have two solid choices from which to make their decision to join. In many cases, when PNMs had three choices, they were just visiting a chapter that they weren't interested in anyway. By forcing the chapters to cut to this level and PNMs as well, PNMs have two choices and women aren't "led on" by chapters inviting too many back knowing they can't take that many women based off the expected quota range. RFM now pretty much has set that women only attend two pref events at most schools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 2502254)
Yikes. I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref. Why not 3?

Good luck to all the PNMs and chapters.

Sciencewoman 01-03-2024 01:20 PM

^^^ This. I remember reading that NPC research indicated that PNMs tended to be more disappointed if they had 3 invitations and matched to their third choice, compared to second choice out of two. Is any school still doing a max of 3 invitations for pref, or is everyone down to 2 max?

aephi alum 01-03-2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadokat (Post 2502272)
NPC believes, with RFM, that by preference, PNMs have two solid choices from which to make their decision to join. In many cases, when PNMs had three choices, they were just visiting a chapter that they weren't interested in anyway. By forcing the chapters to cut to this level and PNMs as well, PNMs have two choices and women aren't "led on" by chapters inviting too many back knowing they can't take that many women based off the expected quota range. RFM now pretty much has set that women only attend two pref events at most schools.

Hmm, that makes sense. I went through recruitment long before RFM was a thing, and there were only 4 NPCs and a local at my school - a much different system.

shadokat 01-04-2024 12:24 PM

From all the things I've seen and heard, nobody has 3 pref parties anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2502281)
^^^ This. I remember reading that NPC research indicated that PNMs tended to be more disappointed if they had 3 invitations and matched to their third choice, compared to second choice out of two. Is any school still doing a max of 3 invitations for pref, or is everyone down to 2 max?

Cookiez17 01-04-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadokat (Post 2502310)
From all the things I've seen and heard, nobody has 3 pref parties anymore.

Oh man. My previous uni before transferring had 3 pref parties, but there was only 1 national on campus. None of the typical NPC rules applied.

Low D Flat 01-05-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref.
Would this also be hard for the weaker recruiting chapters? If you invited most of the PNMs back for the round of 9, do you invite most of them to pref, too? Seems like it would be very difficult to assess who is interested.

shadokat 01-05-2024 02:29 PM

With the way RFM works, weaker recruiting chapters will invite more women back than strong recruiters. The goal is to have enough women return so that they have a chance to make quota at the end based on historical data. Stronger recruiters will have bigger cuts to make as to not "lead on" PNMs in thinking they have a shot at a bid at a house.

You also have to remember that some women are going to drop out completely anyway the second they don't have the one or two houses left that they want because they refuse to even consider another option. If I had to guess, 90% of PNMs get placed here, and the ones that don't aren't all dropped - they drop out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low D Flat (Post 2502349)
Would this also be hard for the weaker recruiting chapters? If you invited most of the PNMs back for the round of 9, do you invite most of them to pref, too? Seems like it would be very difficult to assess who is interested.

Sister Havana 01-05-2024 03:21 PM

Here are last year's recruitment statistics, if you're interested. (Note: These stats are or formal recruitment only. Several chapters participated in informal recruitment, but those numbers are not included here.)

Cookiez17 01-05-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Havana (Post 2502355)
Here are last year's recruitment statistics, if you're interested.

Does Alpha Sigma Alpha participate in formal recruitment? I remember they used to. Did they become a chapter that only does informal/COB?

PGD-GRAD 01-07-2024 01:18 PM

Have I missed it, or do we know how many young women began the current 2024 IU recruitment process?

Cookiez17 01-07-2024 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD (Post 2502437)
Have I missed it, or do we know how many young women began the current 2024 IU recruitment process?

I notice that IU posts recruitment stats after recruitment wraps up, so we'll probably get numbers in the future.