GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What to wear!!!??? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=34959)

gcsmith 06-10-2003 08:44 PM

What to wear!!!???

Okay ladies. I need some quick help (esp. from those in the cincinnati area...they will know the best stores). I am doing a reading in a friend's wedding on the 21st of June (in like 2 weeks!!) and I am having the hardest time finding a dress to wear. Her bridesmaids are wearing black and white so I am try to stay away from those colors because I don't want to seem like I am trying to blend into the wedding party. I have tried 2 malls already (florence, ky and kenwood). I am heading to eastgate on thursday. Keep in mind that I will be in a catholic church in front of everyone so I don't want to have a dress that would be worn to the clubs if you know what I mean. Anyway, hopefully some one out there can help. I know that we have great taste in fashion...I got my best ideas for outfits from my college roomies/ sisters!! Thanks everyone!!! ;)

LiEP
Erin

Kristin AGD 06-10-2003 09:01 PM

I wish I could help. But I am not familiar with the cincinnati area at all. However I was looking for a special occassion dress and came across some that were really classy and reasonably priced on nordstoms.com.

Good Luck!

greeklawgirl 06-10-2003 09:43 PM

I'm not from the Cincinnati area, so I can't help you with stores, but can you maybe give us a little more detail about the wedding? Is it in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Is it black tie, semiformal, or informal?

I don't think that you could go wrong with a sheath dress in a pastel color, or a pretty floral or toile pattern! Something in shantung (raw silk) would be lovely, fairly formal, and breathable (so you don't get *too* hot).

Hope you find something gorgeous! :)

gcsmith 06-11-2003 12:56 AM

more details

The wedding is in the evening..I would say it would be semi-formal.... (suit/tie for men dresses/skirts for women). It isn't a sit down dinner or anything like that. Just a good ole fashion catholic wedding...thanks for all the suggestions so far!!!:D

mu_agd 06-11-2003 07:02 AM

I can't remember if there is an Anthropologie in Cinci, but if there is, I would check there. I was having trouble finding something to wear for my sister's rehearsal dinner until I went there and found quite a few different dresses and skirts that I loved.

GtownGirl98 06-12-2003 03:17 PM

Hey Erin!
Haven't heard from you, hope everything is going well!
As to dress, you are apart of the wedding party so you don't have to look too different from them. A plain black dress would be okay. I know that you want to keep prices down, so have you tried Target. I got my graduation dress from there and a really nice skirt and top for work.

Also try Burlington Coat Factor... I got a dress that I wore for bacalorett and then I am wearing it to a wedding on the 21st also. I got it for $40.

These are just a few suggestions.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Arin

gcsmith 06-15-2003 11:01 PM

Hey everyone...just wanted to let you all know that I found a dress for my friends wedding. I ended up getting it at Gap.

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...10&wpid=198722

I showed it to the bride and she loved it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

LiEP
Erin

GtownGirl98 06-15-2003 11:22 PM

Really cute, I like it. I have a wedding question now... Jeremy (the Boy) and I are going to his exgirlfriend's wedding next weekend and i want to look damn good.

So I was going to wear a really cute black dress with a slightly beaded rose on the top and bottom. The wedding is at 1 so my questions is whether or not I can wear black to a 1 pm wedding?

gcsmith 06-16-2003 06:27 PM

I don't see why not. Now I am not the best at fashion ettiquite(spelling??) for weddings, but it is my understanding that just about anything black is okay now a days...

LeslieAGD 06-16-2003 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gcsmith
just about anything black is okay now a days...
Since the wedding is in the evening, a tasteful little black dress seems very appropriate. :)

greeklawgirl 06-16-2003 07:54 PM

Personally, I don't think you can ever go wrong with black! Its very chic and forgiving of figure flaws (not that you have any!). :)

I have a wedding to attend on Sunday and I will be wearing a black strapless dress with a pretty white lace overlay. I'm not describing it well, because it sounds kind of tacky, but its very elegant! I can't wait to wear it.

Have fun! I'm sure you will look gorgeous!

LeslieAGD 06-16-2003 08:33 PM

Erin and Maria, I hope you both have a wonderful time at the weddings you will be attending! :)

(Erin, I love the dress!!!) ;)