GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumni Involvement (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alumni Involvement (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=84471)

Rumi_Sonqo98 02-04-2007 02:48 PM

Alumni Involvement

Hey My name is john and i just want to see what every alumni from every organization (fraternity/Sorority) feel about being an alumni.

Why is it that most alumni think that once they graduate from undergrad that they can just retire there letter's because they think they have no more work to do with the organization?

When you pledge for an organization that is for life. Even if you did all the work in the organization (Founder's) that doesn't mean that it's over for you.

All Alumni have an OBLIGATION to teach all there knowledge to all new member's plus support them in events other then party's. Now am i wrong is there something i am missing that you get only from being an alumni member cause i've been in my organization for 4 years and now that im graduating i dont think there is such a thing as retiring my letter's cause i've worked too hard and too long to bring my organization where it is today and for me to leave it behind is to disrespect myself and my organization by saying i did alot but now that i graduated i have nothing to do with my org. Its like if it's a seasonal job.

If you feel this way please respond and If im wrong please correct me....

DSTCHAOS 02-04-2007 04:51 PM

We have a lot of threads on this general topic.

You may be able to find these threads via the search engine. :)

Tom Earp 02-05-2007 03:56 PM

John, you seem to have a lot of general questions?

Ignore some and if you wish to PM me, please do.:)

DSTCHAOS 02-05-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Earp (Post 1394905)
John, you seem to have a lot of general questions?

Ignore some and if you wish to PM me, please do.:)

I'm the only one who posted in this thread so I don't know if you're instructing him to ignore me.

You're only stating the obvious:

He SHOULD PM someone or look at the existing threads.

SmartBlondeGPhB 02-05-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumi_Sonqo98 (Post 1394377)
Hey My name is john and i just want to see what every alumni from every organization (fraternity/Sorority) feel about being an alumni.

Why is it that most alumni think that once they graduate from undergrad that they can just retire there letter's because they think they have no more work to do with the organization?

When you pledge for an organization that is for life. Even if you did all the work in the organization (Founder's) that doesn't mean that it's over for you.

All Alumni have an OBLIGATION to teach all there knowledge to all new member's plus support them in events other then party's. Now am i wrong is there something i am missing that you get only from being an alumni member cause i've been in my organization for 4 years and now that im graduating i dont think there is such a thing as retiring my letter's cause i've worked too hard and too long to bring my organization where it is today and for me to leave it behind is to disrespect myself and my organization by saying i did alot but now that i graduated i have nothing to do with my org. Its like if it's a seasonal job.

If you feel this way please respond and If im wrong please correct me....

Most of the people on this website who are alums are still involved in their organizations and we take the "in it for life" pretty seriously. So you are really asking the wrong crowd.

Unregistered- 02-05-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB (Post 1394923)
Most of the people on this website who are alums are still involved in their organizations and we take the "in it for life" pretty seriously. So you are really asking the wrong crowd.

What she said.

DreamfulSpirit 02-06-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB (Post 1394923)

Exactly...I'm an alum and I'm actually trying to start a new chapter!

AlphaFrog 02-06-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS (Post 1394921)
I'm the only one who posted in this thread so I don't know if you're instructing him to ignore me.

You're only stating the obvious:

He SHOULD PM someone or look at the existing threads.

Earp thinks that anyone who tells someone to do a seach is being snarky.:rolleyes: :eek: :p :(

Tom Earp 02-06-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 1395451)
Earp thinks that anyone who tells someone to do a seach is being snarky.:rolleyes: :eek: :p :(

Be nice or will be gone.
:)

Being Nice about it!

DSTCHAOS, I am just trying to head off problem.

Problem?

Tom Earp 02-07-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 1395451)

Not hardly!

Get over it and your self!

Thank You!

Finding Posts is not that easy, #1. So, there is no reason that some New Poster cannot ask a question!

DSTCHAOS 02-07-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Earp (Post 1395514)
DSTCHAOS, I am just trying to head off problem.

Problem?

Forecasting often creates "problems" where there would be none.