GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Chi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   You know you're a Delta Chi when... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=105573)

Gusteau 05-25-2009 03:30 PM

You know you're a Delta Chi when...

Well, I'm bored and I hate that our forum is so quiet so I'm taking this idea from countless other groups!

You know you're a Delta Chi when...

-You see the Cannon commercials with Ashton Kutcher and yell, "He's my brother!" and your family rolls their eyes.
-You tell people what fraternity you're in and are greeted with a look of confusion that is not resolved until you say, "Triangle Ex" :rolleyes:
-You see a group of black birds and think of Delta Chi.
-You get pissed off when people call Martlets "birds."

XAntoftheSkyX 05-28-2009 11:48 AM

-When you're in letters and people make a lame physics joke.

Gusteau 05-28-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX (Post 1812751)
-When you're in letters and people make a lame physics joke.

SO TRUE! One of my friends calls it the "change variable in a trendy tea latte" (like chai tea...seriously)

How about:
-You want to give one of your children "Schermerhorn" as a middle name!

(P.S. I think we're the only brothers actively posting right now so I guess we'll have to try to fight the quiet over here on our own)

XAntoftheSkyX 05-28-2009 09:51 PM

When you see any sort of black bird flying about and wonder why they have legs...

Gusteau 05-30-2009 08:14 PM

When asked to recite the Preamble to the U.S. constitution you say, "We, the members of the Delta Chi Fraternity..."

When you, in appropriate situations, spout off Sir Edward Coke quotes in English and Latin, yet no one seems to appreciate it.

Gusteau 06-14-2009 11:41 AM

When you check the D Chi forum every time you're on GC, even though you know no one's posted...

gtdxeric 06-15-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1816733)
When you check the D Chi forum every time you're on GC, even though you know no one's posted...

Hear hear.

Gusteau 06-16-2009 06:52 PM

I'd love to do something about it - any ideas? Delta Chi trivia? Refer brothers to GC?

gtdxeric 06-23-2009 12:13 AM

I think referring brothers here would be the best way to get it going. It's a female-dominated board, but there are some fraternities who have managed to build up a decent presence here. There's a critical mass that's required - I think a lot of the DX's who pass through see the empty board and just keep on moving.

rickydon12 10-19-2009 06:09 PM

i just added today. i like this i have got alot of ideas for philantropy now thanks to some ppl..

rickydon12 10-22-2009 01:08 PM

People ask you why, you have Big Red gum?

Gusteau 10-28-2009 11:36 PM

I was reminded of this one today...

-When you get a call from a 319 number (HQ area code) you are filled with mortal terror!

(FYI: I've never gotten a negative phone call or any bad news from HQ, but seeing that area code come up I always anticipate the worst. The only benefit is you know who is going to be on the other end - its not like I get any other calls from Iowa frequently, lol.)

wahoo20 12-06-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1862168)
I was reminded of this one today...

-When you get a call from a 319 number (HQ area code) you are filled with mortal terror!

(FYI: I've never gotten a negative phone call or any bad news from HQ, but seeing that area code come up I always anticipate the worst. The only benefit is you know who is going to be on the other end - its not like I get any other calls from Iowa frequently, lol.)

so true!

itb from wilmington

Gusteau 01-03-2010 08:17 PM

^^I'm kind of glad I'm not an officer anymore so I don't have to have an anxiety attack every time that happens!

Anyway, this week three separate people asked me why my hoodie said "ax." I've never had someone confuse it like that before, it was weird.

XAntoftheSkyX 01-04-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1880346)
^^I'm kind of glad I'm not an officer anymore so I don't have to have an anxiety attack every time that happens!

Anyway, this week three separate people asked me why my hoodie said "ax." I've never had someone confuse it like that before, it was weird.

I do the opposite with the Armani Exchange logo.