GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Auburn Recruitment 2023 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248501)

Cookiez17 08-07-2023 02:38 PM

Auburn Recruitment 2023

It begins! The first major recruitment of the year has begun! Here's the overall schedule:

August 6: Kickoff & Ice Water Teas Round

August 7-9: Philanthropy Round

August 10-12: Sisterhood Round

August 13: Preference Round

August 14: Bid Day!

Good luck to everyone involved! According to their PHC, 1,893 PNMs have registered for recruitment!

TLLK 08-07-2023 03:16 PM

Good luck to all of the Auburn PNMs during recruitment. Hope that they find their homes at one of the sororities.

owlsandkeys 08-07-2023 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookiez17 (Post 2497785)
It begins! The first major recruitment of the year has begun! Here's the overall schedule:

August 6: Kickoff & Ice Water Teas Round

August 7-9: Philanthropy Round

August 10-12: Sisterhood Round

August 13: Preference Round

August 14: Bid Day!

Good luck to everyone involved! According to their PHC, 1,893 PNMs have registered for recruitment!

Exciting! Good luck to all these young ladies!

AGDee 08-11-2023 11:48 PM

Feeling really sorry for the PNMs whose dorm closed after they moved in. They got moved to hotels, had to put most of their stuff in storage and have to find a new place to live by August 30 all WHILE going through recruitment. One of them on TikTok was in tears. I can't even imagine a freshman navigating all of that simultaneously.

Cookiez17 08-12-2023 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2497943)
Feeling really sorry for the PNMs whose dorm closed after they moved in. They got moved to hotels, had to put most of their stuff in storage and have to find a new place to live by August 30 all WHILE going through recruitment. One of them on TikTok was in tears. I can't even imagine a freshman navigating all of that simultaneously.

Oh my goodness. I was lurking around and saw they're out of that dorm for at least a month. I hope the PNMs are doing okay. :(

carnation 08-12-2023 07:56 AM

Why did it close? Do you know which one it was?

FSUZeta 08-12-2023 08:50 AM

Here’s the story from Al.com.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/08/aubu...outputType=amp

Titchou 08-12-2023 09:03 AM

It has been a huge uproar. They've said the dorm could be closed all year. In addition to putting them in hotel rooms, the university has worked with local landlords to develop a list of available apartments, houses, etc. I've seen it published online. They are doing all they can and more...

FSUZeta 08-12-2023 09:47 AM

I can’t imagine dealing with this problem from either side-students or university. I hope everyone finds a safe place quickly and is able to put this behind them.

AnchorLC 08-12-2023 10:07 AM

Those poor students! Auburn is seriously short on housing already.

AGDee 08-12-2023 03:05 PM

I would just think you would displace upperclassman who are scheduled to live in dorms, not freshman. Freshman lose so much from NOT living in dorms. They don't know anybody to get an apartment with. They don't plan on having cars to be able to get groceries, didn't plan on needing cleaning supplies and cooking supplies, etc. They said they are giving them an upgraded meal plan but who is going to wake up in a off campus apartment and go to campus for a meal? The whole meal plan thing is for people who live in the buildings on the campus.

DoctorD 08-12-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2497972)
I would just think you would displace upperclassman who are scheduled to live in dorms, not freshman. Freshman lose so much from NOT living in dorms. They don't know anybody to get an apartment with. They don't plan on having cars to be able to get groceries, didn't plan on needing cleaning supplies and cooking supplies, etc. They said they are giving them an upgraded meal plan but who is going to wake up in a off campus apartment and go to campus for a meal? The whole meal plan thing is for people who live in the buildings on the campus.

Auburn requires all students to have a meal plan.

Also, Auburn culture is that freshmen live in residence halls, but it's not required for them to - I know quite a few freshmen who bypassed dorms altogether. Exception for upperclassmen would be those who live in sorority dorms - and that is a very small percentage of sorority women.

All that said - it's a pretty yucky situation for the 300 who were slated to live in that dorm. I know the Hill dorm complex demolition process started over the past year, so on campus housing is not what it was just a few years ago. Several apartment complexes were brought on as residence halls to meet the gap.

AZ-AlphaXi 08-14-2023 08:34 PM

Article about Auburn bid day

https://www.theplainsman.com/article...day-2023-recap

Titchou 08-14-2023 09:47 PM

Excited for my PNM...she got her first choice - AGD!

UVASquirrel 08-14-2023 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2498063)
Excited for my PNM...she got her first choice - AGD!

Yay!