GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   KKG at Indiana accused of hazing (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=247656)

shadokat 03-11-2021 04:33 PM

KKG at Indiana accused of hazing

http://specials.idsnews.com/iu-kappa...ng-big-little/

This is an interesting and STRANGE little story.

Cheerio 03-11-2021 07:42 PM

Well, can't say I'm surprised.

ChioLu 03-11-2021 09:30 PM

If memory serves me, wasn’t this chapter suspended by KKG HQ about 10 years ago, also for hazing? (Note: a KKG alumna had previously lived in apartment I lived in about 10 years ago and had not gave KKG her new address.)

shadokat 03-12-2021 01:25 PM

I don't know much about KKG at Indiana, but I find the whole wearing robes and high heels to be strange...

Sister Havana 03-12-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2483962)
If memory serves me, wasn’t this chapter suspended by KKG HQ about 10 years ago, also for hazing? (Note: a KKG alumna had previously lived in apartment I lived in about 10 years ago and had not gave KKG her new address.)

I think you're thinking of Delta Delta Delta - they were suspended by their nationals in 2016. (They were just down 3rd Street from Kappa. DPhiE is in that house now. )

AZTheta 03-14-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadokat (Post 2483973)
I don't know much about KKG at Indiana, but I find the whole wearing robes and high heels to be strange...

RIF: it was lingerie, not robes :p

WIFLS: I know exactly how this kind of behavior happens in chapters. Witnessed it first hand during my time advising. Actives, left to their own devices, are gonna do stupid stuff. That's a universal truth. And the information about hazing behavior in the article is spot-on. Victim to bystander to perpetuating the hazing is how it goes. How many times did I hear "we've always done it this way?" when it was/is a very recent behavior or event (two-three years old ). I could write a lot more but I won't. You can fill in the blanks on this.

Rogue chapters - we all have them. Why? Lack of direct alumnae (advisor) contact and support, for starters. I'm saying what I always say when this isht surfaces: there but for the grace of God go you and I.

honeychile 03-14-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2484010)

WIFLS: I know exactly how this kind of behavior happens in chapters. Witnessed it first hand during my time advising. Actives, left to their own devices, are gonna do stupid stuff. That's a universal truth. And the information about hazing behavior in the article is spot-on. Victim to bystander to perpetuating the hazing is how it goes. How many times did I hear "we've always done it this way?" when it was/is a very recent behavior or event (two-three years old ). I could write a lot more but I won't. You can fill in the blanks on this.

Rogue chapters - we all have them. Why? Lack of direct alumnae (advisor) contact and support, for starters. I'm saying what I always say when this isht surfaces: there but for the grace of God go you and I.

Wouldn't change a word.

Anyone who has ever been an Advisor knows that every chapter is basically one charismatic idiot from a hazing charge.

Cookiez17 03-14-2021 01:47 PM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kappa-...ng-allegations

The chapter has been suspended while an investigation is held.

Katmandu 03-14-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 2484011)
Anyone who has ever been an Advisor knows that every chapter is basically one charismatic idiot from a hazing charge.

Ding, Ding, Ding. Yep. Former advisor who couldn't agree more.

ForeverRoses 03-15-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 2484017)
Ding, Ding, Ding. Yep. Former advisor who couldn't agree more.

so true. my favorite line is "we have always..." and I tell them that "always" has been 2 years. traditions can start and die very quickly.

Titchou 03-16-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Wouldn't change a word.

Amen and amen!

Kevin 03-16-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't change a word.

Yup, and it's guaranteed that if you have traditions which appear harmless, they are just one charasmatic idiot from making national headlines.

JonInKC 03-27-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2484010)

This whole article sounds like it came from some bad B-movie on Amazon Video.

honeychile 03-27-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 2484044)
Yup, and it's guaranteed that if you have traditions which appear harmless, they are just one charasmatic idiot from making national headlines.

Quote worthy!

SWTXBelle 03-28-2021 09:14 PM

"Charismatic idiot" is such a perfect expression! Thanks, Honeychile! Also, former advisor joining the "Yep" train.