GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What is your favorite part of your job/career? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248601)

Phrozen Sands 11-28-2023 07:22 PM

What is your favorite part of your job/career?

We all have things we like and don’t like at our jobs, but what is your favorite part of your job? - the one thing you look forward to the most.

Mine is when I look at my numbers and they’re flawless. Then, I can play on my phone during Zoom calls Lol. That’s not often when my entire region is great, but when it is, my stress level is zero.

LaneSig 11-29-2023 10:37 AM

Teaching- If I start getting bored with the grade or subject I am teaching, I can change. I also like working with the kids; I currently teach middle school. They are crazy nut jobs, but I love 'em.

Courier- I am by myself without anyone watching over every little thing I am doing (except for dispatcher). I'm also able to move around a lot more than in my classroom; and, at the end of the day, I am finished (unlike teaching).

MTSUGURL 11-30-2023 12:37 PM

I work in a local high school sped department, and most my time is spent with a blind senior with autism as his aide and job coach.We started here about the same time, and he was very dependent and frightened. Now he’s navigating the school and his work based learning internship with confidence. There’s been so much growth. My favorite part is seeing him become a independent as he can be and knowing that I had a part in it.
My other favorite thing it’s relationships I get to have with the other kids and teachers. My job doesn’t feel like work.

NinjaPoodle 12-04-2023 02:09 AM

Career job:Getting the shot and bonus shot. Especially when I'm shooting football. (photojournalist)
Fun job 1: When a kid does what I tell them to do and they do it and get it. (Ice skating)
Fun job 2: Peoples reaction when they see me and when I interact with them. (school mascot)
Pay the bills job: Chit chatting with attendees. It's nice meeting people from other parts of the US and around the world. Through conversations I get photo ideas and meet some really interesting people. (side hustle convention staffing)

Zach 12-04-2023 12:30 PM

I like teaching kids other teachers doubt or gave up on. I’m always instrumental in getting those kids to the next level.

AGDee 12-04-2023 10:29 PM

Creating cyber security awareness materials like infographics or a podcast script. I can't believe they pay me what they do to create stuff like that.

navane 12-07-2023 09:02 AM

I used to be an Academic Advisor and it was very fulfilling to help students achieve their education goals. I loved seeing the students achieve their dreams. However, besides the horribly low pay, I was trapped in a cubicle all day and our office cubicle farm area had no windows. I literally couldn't see the light of day.

Now as a professional Fire Captain, I of course love helping people in their time of need. Being able to have a tangible and direct impact on someone's life in such a meaningful way is very fulfilling. But, after having been trapped at a desk for so many years, one unexpected thing I do really enjoy is being able to be outside and out and about now.