GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumni Involvement (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   First Hurdle Cleared! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=26357)

adduncan 11-18-2002 05:48 PM

First Hurdle Cleared!

I'm smilin' REAL big right now!

I sent my letter in inquiring about alumna initiation only a few days ago (Thursday, I think?) and a response came back just now. Gladly, the answer is not "no". <GGG>

The kind lady explained point-by-point the exact process of what they call "Honor Initiates". She acknowledged that I didn't know any alumna personally at the moment, but was cc'ing the email to a coordinator in order to facilitate an introduction to a potential sponsor.

I'm jazzed! There's a long road ahead and the outcome is far from certain, but I'm really happy w/ the first step!

:D

Adrienne
:)

CutiePie2000 11-18-2002 07:58 PM

Adrienne,
This is all great news! It all sounds positive and we'll all cross our fingers for you! Be patient as sometimes, the wheels can turn slowly, but I think you are off to a good start!

Kevin 11-18-2002 08:14 PM

Congratulations!

houstonchica 11-18-2002 11:53 PM

How exciting!

Your mind must be buzzing with excitement right now! That is awesome that you heard back so quickly!
Lotsa luck in your pursuit!:)

tinydancer 11-19-2002 02:20 PM

WOO HOO

That's great to hear! If I may piggyback on your thread, for a minute -

I have a sponsor!! She's a wonderful lady from my church whom I have known for years. She is a 50-year member of her sorority, which I think is amazing! I am so anxious to meet some of the local members. (and then maybe I will tell you which sorority it is!!)

Lizz

Peaches-n-Cream 11-19-2002 06:13 PM

adduncan & tinydancer, Good luck with pursuing your alumnae memberships. :)

ZTAMiami 11-20-2002 04:54 PM

Good Luck ladies!!!!

violets 11-20-2002 06:16 PM

Congratulations!
Please keep us posted on all the developments. I'm confident your stories will serve to inspire a lot of other women who read GC to follow their hearts to the sorority home they've always wanted.
good luck and greek love,
violets

carnation 11-20-2002 06:18 PM

Y'all are amazing! Go for it!

adduncan 11-22-2002 01:25 PM

The Waiting Game

Hi folks. Thanx for the nice words. Anyone else who is going through a similar process that I am, please do not hesitate to chime in--I am SO glad to hear there are others out there!

Emails have all been sent, read receipts have come in. Now it's time for patience. Founders day comes very close to Thanksgiving for this group, then you have Christmas/Chanukkah/everything else up til New Years. IMHO, it's likely I'm not going to hear anything until after January 1. Therefore, I'll start following up then.

Holidays are going to be quiet and at home for me, so I'll keep checking in on all you guys!

Adrienne
:)

Tom Earp 11-22-2002 09:46 PM

Good things are cooking!:D
I will work part of the day Turkey Day:mad: Come home and see if any GCers are on and fix Boiled Shrimp, Taters, and Bleu Cheese Dressing!

If anyone one would like to drop in, let me know and will catch more Shrimp and grow more Taters!:)

AngelPhiSig 11-22-2002 11:49 PM

may I ask which group?:)

M&M 11-25-2002 04:03 PM

Congrats on taking the first big step, Adrienne! I am so glad you received a positive response from your potential greek home!

Just to give a little update of my own, after seriously considering all of my options and researching all of the GLOs in my area, I finally wrote and mailed a letter of interest to the Executive Office of the group I hope to join. With the holidays fast-approaching, I don't anticipate a speedy response. However, the first hurdle has been cleared for me as well. Now I will just wait and see.

Good luck to all of the other hopeful alum initiates!

IowaHawkeye 11-25-2002 08:06 PM

best of luck to you! i'm sure any group would be lucky and thrilled to have you :D