GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   How do you tie your shoes? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=54478)

AznSAE 07-27-2004 02:36 PM

How do you tie your shoes?

My shoe laces came undone today and so I stopped and tied them. The girl that was with me started to laugh and said "thats not how you are suppose to tie your shoes."

I make two ears and tie them together. Whats wrong with that?

Rudey 07-27-2004 02:37 PM

Re: How do you tie your shoes?

Quote:

Originally posted by AznSAE
My shoe laces came undone today and so I stopped and tied them. The girl that was with me started to laugh and said "thats not how you are suppose to tie your shoes."

I make two ears and tie them together. Whats wrong with that?

I do it like that too. Tell her she is retarded.

-Rudey

ZTAngel 07-27-2004 02:38 PM

I make bunny ears, too.

Ginger 07-27-2004 02:41 PM

Loop in the left hand, wrap the other side around with the right hand, pull it through.

I never could get the bunny ear method down.

damasa 07-27-2004 02:42 PM

Pay those fools no mind because the bunny ears method is the way to go.

I can't even tie my shoes the other way, the "loop swoop" shit or whatever it's called.

AXJules 07-27-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by damasa
Pay those fools no mind because the bunny ears method is the way to go.

I can't even tie my shoes the other way, the "loop swoop" shit or whatever it's called.

This is the cutest thing I've ever read.

But then I remembered that you're 23 and not 5, and decided that you're GHEY.

Rudey 07-27-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AXJules
This is the cutest thing I've ever read.

But then I remembered that you're 23 and not 5, and decided that you're GHEY.

Do you wear velcro sneakers because you're retro or retarded?

-Rudey
--Leave blaine alone!

AXJules 07-27-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rudey
Do you wear velcro sneakers because you're retro or retarded?

-Rudey
--Leave blaine alone!

A little of both.

-Jules
-- But I cross the Velcro to make it funky!

DeltaSigStan 07-27-2004 02:53 PM

Ummm

How else are you spposed to tie your shoes?

Seriously, unless she tucks them in or did that dumb thing in the early 90s where they looped and tied them at the BOTTOM of the shoe as opposed to the top, then what's she talking about?

LOL I remember I had a pair of Reeboks in 5th grade that came with three shoelaces (orange, white, black), and I looped them ALL into the shoe and tied them all together at once.

Peaches-n-Cream 07-27-2004 02:53 PM

I tie a knot, make a loop with one string, wrap the other string around, and pull it through to make a bow. Many children learn to tie their shoes using the bunny ears method. It's easier than my method.

When I was about ten, they were afraid children would never learn how to tie their shoes because of velcro. They also were afraid children would never learn to tell time because of digital watches and clocks. I have no idea who they are, but I remember they were very concerned about velcro and digital watches.

valkyrie 07-27-2004 02:55 PM

I do the bunny ears too. My dad taught me that way and it's the only way I can do it.

reverie 07-27-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
When I was about ten, they were afraid children would never learn how to tie their shoes because of velcro. They also were afraid children would never learn to tell time because of digital watches and clocks. I have no idea who they are, but I remember they were very concerned about velcro and digital watches.
The new fad is shoes that zip up! Personally, I don't think they're cute, but to each his own.

Anyway, I do the "loop swoop" when tying my shoes because I can tie them tighter that way. However, when I'm tying ribbon on a present I use the bunny ear method because it seems to look nicer (usually you can get the two loops to be at the top and the end strings at the bottom).

navane 07-27-2004 03:17 PM

Uhm......ok. I didn't realize that there were multiple ways of tying shoelaces. I guess I learn something new everyday.

According to what other people have posted, I do the "loop swoop" method. I don't remember ever doing it any other way.

.....Kelly :)

ZTAMich 07-27-2004 03:24 PM

I was taught this little saying when I was younger...

"over, under, around and through, meet mr. bunny rabbit pull and through"

that's how I tie my laces :)

Senusret I 07-27-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
I tie a knot, make a loop with one string, wrap the other string around, and pull it through to make a bow.
That's what I do. I have never heard or seen bunny ears before.