View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Some advice from a journalist...whenever we go into an interview, we have around 10 questions written downthat we WILL ask, for certain. We use those 10 questions as a jumping off point for conversations...starting a memorable discussion with me is THE way to earn yourself a spot on my bid list. When someone ASKS ME questions in addition to answering questions clearly...that's a desireable quality and shows a degree of hospitality on the part of the guest.

So once you get past the same old questions (and be prepared, you're going to be spouting off your name hometown major every 5 minutes, it sucks). If someone asks you, "so what did you do in high school" answer the question and then ask, "what organizations and stuff are you involved in here?" or try to lead it into something that can get past "oh I lived a town over"..."what's your favorite class here?" What professor is awesome for underwater basketweaving? Etc. etc. etc. Have a few "Stock" questions to save the conversation should it start sinking on either part, because the sisters will be nervous too. Don't be afraid to write them out for your own good (don't take it with you though!).

Good luck!!!