View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thinking back to when I rused at UMaryland in the 1980's I don't think I would have liked to rank my favorite houses FIRST and then see I had been cut by a few at the top of my list.

Maryland had/still has a large greek system and I had a pretty successful rush experience though I did get cut very early by one of my favorite houses.

I feel it would have given me a false sense of security had I ranked that house high. I was a clueless rusher and really truly thought I would pretty much get the house I wanted, the selection process wasn't that big of a deal, etc.

I was FLOORED when I learned about the bid list ranking, the "little things" sororities do to better help them remember which girls they want to keep and which ones they want to cut, etc and had I known all of this, ranking the houses before I got my invites would make me feel like I was jinxing my chances. Kind of like, you rank abc and xyz first and second but ha ha! they cut you.

I prefer making my cuts based on my invites. Though that doesn't really qualify as "mutual" does it? It does give the chapter the upper hand I think unless you're cut hard and don't have any cuts to make.

Very interesting topic.