View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Indie_Superstar
This doesn't really apply to me, because I'm not looking to join a sorority (I've gotten involved in other activities, but a lot of my friends are Greek), but what if Patty had said "I just came from the AB house, and their craft was really fun and cute, and the girls were really nice. But I'm having lots of fun at Sigma, and I think you girls are really nice too?" Would that have been okay, or could it have been construed as either favouring AB over Sigma, or just sucking up?
I would say that you should refrain from saying anything specific about any chapter except if you want to compliment the chapter at their own party. Generally saying "everyone has been so nice!" or "all the girls in all the houses seem great!" or something equally as generic is fine, but you don't want to give the impression of being a gossip.

Also a big effect this can have is that the chapter may think that the rushee is psyched for the other house and release her because of that.

I would suggest treating rush like a job interview somewhat. You wouldn't walk into an interview and say "actually I already went to X Corp. and I really had a great interview!" You would pretty much be shooting yourself in the foot if you said that. Likewise, talking a bunch of sugar about another house may seem nice but it will just seem like you're stoked on the other house. You want to have the decision to be yours so put your best foot forward and make a good impression at every house.

Sidenote: I really hope this thread doesn't terrify PNMs!