View Single Post
Old 10-28-2001, 05:49 PM

To be honest, from my Northern rush experiences is really wasn't THAT different. But Kent typically draws students from all of Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan, and other surrounding areas. It isn't like Justamom described where you have big groups of girls from the same HS rushing together. Iwent to a HS in the next town from my college and there were only a handful of local girls rushing. You also don't have the big legacy thing here so much. We had legacies but there were few enough of them that they usually got into houses (not necessarily what they were a leg to) with no prob.

One big difference is that the greek life just doesn't have the same universal appeal in the North. People tend to be a lot more independent. The whole "tradition" thing isn't such a big deal except for the pockets of blue-blood areas around here. Kent's rush numbers are pathetic for a big school. Even when I went through there were 500+ girls going for spots in 6 houses and the big chapters were at 120 or so....with that it was only a 4% greek pop.

I would like to hear about Ivy League or New England schools rush....I bet greek life there is something!