View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

advice

DO NOT COMPLAIN!!!! This is one of my bigest pet peeves ever! We know its hot/cold outside, we know that you're tired (believe it or not, so are we), we know your feet hurt, we know that you're stressed and worried and nervous etc., we know that you're tired of being asked all the same questions (we're tired of asking but we have to inorder to get to know you better)... If you come into the house and all you do is complain we're going to get the impression from you that you're a very negative and unhappy person. Stay positive and upbeat and excited and we'll be able to get a much better impression of who you are as a person and we'll like you alot more and you'll have a better shot of being invited back. No one likes a complainer.

Don't wear black to prefs ceremony...Everyone wears black to prefs ceremony, so why not be different and stand out from the crowd?!

Don't feel like you are obligated to join the sorority you are a legacy to! I'm a legacy to a sorority on campus and knew from the start that they were not the group for me....There was nothing wrong with them, it just didnt click. I kept the sorority for 3 days out of respect for my mom but ultimately droped them because I knew I belonged somewhere else. Don't let your mom/grandmother/sister's sorority be your choice just because they were in XYZ too. Choose the one that fits best for you. They'll understand, trust me.