View Single Post
Old 12-02-2001, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Arrow random happenings

I have never personally had any "odd" experiences. But I've known several people who have.

One of my friend's older brothers used to talk to the top of the refrigerator (he was probably 6-9 years old). And when the family would ask who he was talking to, he would say "The old lady on top of the fridge", like everyone knew she was there. No one else ever saw her tho.

That same family- the younger sister was packing to move (I think), and this talking doll kept talking. So they took the batteries out. But it just kept talking, and they (sisters and mom) couldn't get it to stop. I don't remember what they finally did, but dolls always freak me out anyway so that story always gives me the chills.

Not far from where I grew up (Northeast Ohio) is an area known as Rogue's Hollow. There are dozens of ghost stories that circulate. I've never had anything happen, but I have some friends that swear by their stories. Anyways, one of my friends in high school grew up in that area. She had been fairly close to her grandma, but the grandma had passed away before I met her (my friend). This friend says that anytime she's in her car for trips her grandma always appears in the passenger seat, and buckles up! Except one time she was traveling with another friend in the front seat. Her friend had fallen asleep, and her grandmother showed up in the back seat, buckling up again. When she tried to wake her friend up, grandma disappeared.

Ok, last story: My brother was killed in a car crash several years ago. Well, he was married at the time & his wife was staying with my family until she got the lease cancelled at their apartment. (Cuz it was too expensive by herself). So, she was in our basement doing laundry & my brother appeared, and told her not to worry because everything was going to be okay, and then he left. She's not the type of person to get all into ghost stories and stuff, either.

justamom- that's interesting you said that about your son. My mom & brother always seemed to have some weird conenction, too. I could never really put my finger on it, I just knew it was different than my connection with either of them.

And my mom has had some really scary stuff happen, most of it she won't even tell me about.