Thread: Be out!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2001, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Cool Be out!

I was out last night, FINALLY!! We had our NPHC high school/youth and college step show and the bruhs (Kappas, gotta love those Nupes) were like, you're a SGRho?? Giving me and my sand our hugs.
The funny thing is, stepshows make you realize how small the world really is. Get this. I've been volunteering for the No. California Sickle Cell Summer camp for 7 years now. This past summer, me and my co-counselor had 7 girls(11,12 & 13 yr.olds), of which 1 gave us a lot of grief. We had a very teary-eyed heart-to-heart with the camp director and her. We kept the girl from going home and she had a really good time. At the end of camp the child was crying like a baby cause' she didn't want to go home! (Ah, yes, my job is done!) I didn't expect to see this girl again until next year at camp again. Anyway, I've been really busy since camp, which was in august--you know school, work, life in general. We've tried to keep in touch via e-mail but I just dont have the time. So fast foward to last night. Imagine my suprise when I walk into the auditorium looking for my people(EE-YIP!) and this little girl grabs my arm and gives me the biggest hug! I was so happy to see her! I asked her "What are you doing here?" " I'm on a step team!" she replied. Awww man! Talk about a warm and fuzzy! I was so proud of her, as if she were my own child! (snif, snif, give me a moment--alright, I'm ok now)And then, my co-counselor (perspective greek), who also came to the stepshow, saw her and the three of us took pictures together.

So, wait there's more. Two other counselors from camp were at the show also. One is an AKA the other is a Q perspective.

After the show, my sorors and I hung out with the Kappas at a resturant til' 3am! So, while I'm talking to this one young Kappa, I find out he went to ABC university. So I asked him "Do you happen to know So and So from XYZ frat?" He said " Yeah, and I know Joe, John, and Jeff also from XYZ frat" Jeeze! Jo, John and Jeff were also counselors at one time at my summer camp!

So, what's the moral of my story kiddies? Be nice to people because you NEVER know when you may run into them again or who they know.

Yes, I had a good time! It is nice being out. But let me tell you about the looks I got from the other sororities! he, he. But hey, it's all greek luv! There was no after party so I didn't get to stroll but I will learn soon and the next party is on the 18th so I will be ready!!