View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

things have changed at LOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiGal
My little sister is going to Western Illinois University in the fall and I was wondering if anyone had any information on when recruitment happens there, and what she can expect. The school website was less than helpfull.

Thanks!
Have you seen the school's updated Greek Life website?
http://www.student.services.wiu.edu/osa/greeklife/

Here are the recruitment dates and information straight from the website:

Panhellenic Council (Sorority) Recruitment
Sorority recruitment for fall 2006 will begin on August 31 and continues until September 18. To participate in sorority recruitment, you must have achieved a 2.5 cumulative GPA at WIU or be an entering first year student with a comparable high school GPA. First year students on OAS status are not eligible to participate in recruitment

During sorority recruitment, you will have the opportunity to learn about and visit each chapter multiple times before selecting the chapters where you want to become a member. Each potential member will be assigned a recruitment guide, who is a current sorority woman volunteering to assist with the entire recruitment process. Recruitment culminates with bid day on September 18, when women receive a bid for membership.

The cost to register for recruitment is $25.00 and registration is online. The registration fee covers the cost of all food and drink you receive during recruitment, provides for buses to transport you to chapter houses, and gets you a Panhellenic t-shirt.

You can register for sorority recruitment here. Registration closes at 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 10.

For more information about participating in fraternity or sorority recruitment, attend the Greek 101 sessions scheduled for August 21 and 24 in the University Union. Look for more information in your orientation schedule.

This site also has links to all of the chapter websites, which may be helpful:
http://www.student.services.wiu.edu/...t/councils.asp

I hope this helps and keep us posted!

Last edited by owlie33; 08-17-2006 at 04:12 PM.