View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Informal recruitment advice..

Hello! I wanted to ask for some advice from you ladies. I participated in formal recruitment as a sophomore at UNC this fall - I had wanted to rush since I got to college, but I held off last year because I wanted to get settled into my schoolwork. As the year went along, I really wished I had, so I rushed this year. I loved it, met a ton of great people, and really fell in love with a few of the houses. I didn't get invited back to my favorite houses for pref night, so I dropped out before bid day. I kept hearing that none of the houses took many sophomores, and those that did were mostly legacies (which I am not). But I really want to join a sorority - I'm involved on other things on campus that I love, but being in a sorority has always been something I've envisioned when I pictured my college experience.
I'm thinking about participating in informal recruitment in the spring. How does that work at most schools? Is there a good chance of receiving a bid? I know a few girls in some of the sororities, but no one that I am particularly close to. Would the girls just kind of pass me over as a PNM because I rushed in the fall? Any advice for if I go through with it?
Sorry for asking so many questions, but thanks for your help!!