View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 PM

This was always my fave time of the year. I only have one Little, and looking back, I spent ENTIRELY too much money on her.

We have 3 days of gifts & clues with Revealing on the 4th day. Our Bigs usually go all out for their Littles. We ended up having a spending limit when I became a Big ($250). There were also certain gifts that were strongly suggested (in addition to anything else we bought) so that all the Littles had some of the same things.

Strongly Suggested:

*A handmade poster for every day (they said stuff like "I love my Little")
*badge box (most people hand-painted these)
*one "handed down" shirt (If your Little was bigger/smaller than you, you got one from someone who was their size).
*lettered tote bag
*pearls (real or fake-to wear for initiation)

Anything else was up to you. Most people went above and beyond. Some popular items in my chapter:

*Blankets with initiation date embroidered.
*Hand painted block letter Sigmas.
*Chalkboards/whiteboards.
*Silver/Gold lavalieres or Tiffany-style bracelets.

In addition to all of the gifts, you also had to make your matching lettered shirts for Revealing with "Big Sis" & "Lil Sis" embroidered under the letters. After you had been "revealed" to your Little, you would present her with her shirt and take lots of pictures in it of course. Everybody brings their cameras, so the pictures are the longest part!

After Revealing, each family usually goes out to dinner or does something fun!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-25-2009 at 06:06 PM.