View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I think a lot of it comes down to who you meet. If a PNM gets a bad rusher who doesn't know what questions to ask, the PNM will have to be the one working hard to make conversation, and she will look boring if she doesn't, and therefore, not a good fit. If this happens during the first round and the PNM only met the one girl, she'll probably get cut if this is a competitive chapter, even if a better rusher would have clicked with her and let her shine.

ETA: I can think of a few people who joined a chapter that I absolutely loved during recruitment, but cut me before preference. I used to wonder, why them and not me? Honestly, now I know I would not have been a good fit there; it just seemed to me that it was home, which was why it stung when I was cut.

ETA: I've said this before, at a big school, there is often more than one place where a PNM would be a good fit. I think I would have been happy in any of 3 other chapters had I not received a bid from Sigma Kappa. Just because there are multiple places that I would be a good fit doesn't mean there aren't places that I would be a bad fit, because there certainly are chapters where I wouldn't fit in. Sure, I have friends in pretty much every chapter, but just because I am friends with a few individuals doesn't mean the chapter is for me.

Last edited by violetpretty; 07-10-2007 at 11:18 AM.