View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM

One of my sorority sisters got married a few years ago. It wasn't bad as much as it was just tacky.

My roommate and I were both friends with this girl. Technically, if you are inviting people who are over the age of 18 and live together but are not a couple, you are supposed to send them each a separate invite. My sorority sister did not do this. My roommate and I got an invitation addressed to the both of us. I think my sorority sister was trying to cut costs but seriously???? These invitations were not the fancy kind so they were a $1.50 each at the most plus the postage back then was 34¢. Plus she invited about 30 people to the wedding. My old roommate and I joke to this day that we're each other's significant others.

She started the ceremony much earlier than the invitation had stated. My friend and I showed up right on time only to see my friend already walking down the aisle. Argh. We would've been early except the park the wedding was held at was located in the heart of Downtown Orlando and it was about 4pm so everyone was still at work in the high-rises so we couldn't find parking anywhere. A lot of her guests had to park over a mile away from the site.

The park itself was nice but it was located next to the Orlando Executive Airport. During her vows, planes were flying over the park drowning out the ceremony. We couldn't hear anything.

My friend's dress did not fit her. She didn't want to pay for alterations. The dress fit her in the waist and the hips but was swimming on her in the bust area. Everytime she bent over, I really thought she was going to fall out of her dress. When she was sitting down at the table during the reception, people came by to her to wish her congratulations. If you stood over her, you had a clear shot right down her dress. And she wasn't wearing a bra.

There was no dancing, bouquest toss, cake nor music of any kind at the reception. It was a private room with a big table that everyone sat at. It was much like you'd imagine for a rehearsal dinner.

I get that she was trying to save money and what not but there's some things that you don't skimp on. The biggest being alterations on your dress. The pictures from that day will be looked at for a lifetime. She'll get to look back at pictures of herself with her boobs falling out of her dress.

Now that I think of it, this is the 2nd wedding I've been to in a park by an airport and the 2nd time the reception has been more of a rehearsal dinner type thing. I guess I have bad luck?

Last edited by ZTAngel; 07-12-2007 at 12:42 PM.