View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhiBLtColonel View Post
Our ASCAPA info session does "tell it like it is" and makes sure all the girls who attend "get it" and we encourage them to spread the word to their friends. We want them going in with their eyes wide open - their moms too! So far of the nearly 40 rec requests we processed this summer, none of the girls have dropped out: at GaSouthern we had 2 Kappas, 2 AOPis and 1 Zeta; at Auburn, we had 1 TriDelta, 1 Kappa, 1 DG, 1 AChiO, 1 ChiO, 1 KD, 1 Gamma Phi and six DZs. Waiting to hear how the four we did recs for at Valdosta (2 girls) and Bama (2 Girls) do and esp the 13 we did for UGA girls!

One of the other past ASCAPA presidents and I plan to appeal to the new UGA Greek Life director to include our website address and that of Atlanta Panhel in their recruitment guide and mention us on their website - similar to what they do in Texas...wish us luck!
I'm glad you're having good success with your group on the south side--my daughter has lots of friends from Fayette county in her sorority at an "undisclosed location".

One mother did mention at the Atlanta session that you should be aware that legacy doesn't mean anything anymore, but other than that, most of the questions were answered with....how shall I say this....a lot of sugar-coating. But I'm not good at that, being a midwesterner, dontcha know!