View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeMU View Post
It is the week before rush and normally rush should still be going on. There was an agreement to all the fraternities on campus to go CLEAN this year. No dirty rushing, no talking to freshman till rush week actually begins, no parties or anything. Then the night of the agreement, three fraternities sneak freshman off campus to rush parties and what not.
I feel as if we may be in a bad spot as freshmen tend to stay with the first party they go to. Any advice on how to recover or handle this situation would be great.
Personally, I'd honor my word. If other fraternities persist in behaving dishonorably, simply push for a change in the rules.

If y'all have proof of this, perhaps your IFC has the power to sanction these organizations? Maybe suspend them from participating in formal rush?

In the future, my advice would be to not agree to rules which limit your recruitment options. Pre-rush is absolutely critical (in my way of thinking) to having a successful rush. I can think of the times when we went balls-out during the summer versus focusing on formal rush.

The difference is night and day.

Two wrongs does not make a right. Worst case, you have an anemic pledge class this year -- you will recover. The way you talk about these other groups, it sounds like their dirty rush tactics have been going on for awhile now. Love, honor, truth always. Take the high road.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma