View Single Post
Old 02-02-2002, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

These are getting more hysterical by the minute.

This one was quite traumatic for me. Understand that I am rather reserved when it comes to female bodily functions. I have a few words that can not be used in my presence for they will induce nausea. That said...

I had a rushee that was absolutely smitten with our chapter on Philanthropy night. She gushed about how we were all so gorgeous and all so funny and nice. Ok...so I accept that as a compliment and continue with the conversation with a simple "Thank you." She then tells me about how she talked to one of my sisters who was so down to earth. For some reason we couldn't get the air on in our rush room for spirit night and it was incredibly hot the night before. So she tells me about how they were both sweating and and the rushee told my sister that she sweats a lot and sometimes she uses panty liners in the pits of her T-shirts to absorb the sweat. I think I physically shuddered at the use of that word. I was mortified for her and the situation. I just stammered "Oh. What a great idea!"

All my friends know about the words they can't use around me. So when I told them not only did this rushee talk to me about her sweating problem, she said the word PANTY LINER during rush. They were hysterical and commended me for maintaining composure. Oh man!

I can't believe the audacity of some of these rushees that I am reading about!