View Single Post
Old 06-14-2000, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by SGRho Intertest:
I would like to have everybody's opinions about Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority. It bothers me that the sorority that I am interested in gets so much bad press here. I was wondering about people's opinions...
Thank you interested member!!! Coming from someone who knew nothing about sororities ( being the first in my family to go to college) I heard nothing but DST and AKA in my undergraduate days. SGRho was not on my campus at the time (mid-80's) but we are now!!! As a graduate member of SGRho I can say that I did my research and I fell in love with the history of my beloved sorority. I really appreciate what our 7 founders did in 1922 in the middle of Indiana on a white campus. If you have ever been anywhere in the midst of white hostility and tried to do anything black then you will know where I'm coming from. I also wanted to join an organization that was small enough for me to know my other intake members as well as the members of my chapter. Where I work there are only DST's and AKA's and even though I have love and respect for all of us I am the only SGRho and I stand alone-- but proud!!!

------------------
BE POSITIVE!!!