View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, this brings back memories...

My headpiece was never ordered. I called the day it was supposed to arrive and they couldn't find it. Then they said they did. I told them I hope it wasn't the one on display, because there was something wrong with it. It was. I took it anyway. It fell apart during my rehearsal hairstyle. They sent it in to be refurbished. When I went to pick it up, let's just say it was horrid looking. They had to redo it because the flowers were different and different colors. They painted them and got paint on the pearls. It looked fine in the end, but it is not the same headpiece as I originally picked out and there is no way it can be used as a first communion headpiece anymore-which is why I picked it out in the first place.

My hairdresser of 8 years tried a new hair coloring technique 5 days before the wedding. Let's just say I had a bright red strip of roots with auburn hair. She redyed it. It was still two different colors. I had to leave to go pick up my rings, so she had me meet her first thing in the morning to redye it again. When dry it looked the same color pretty much--not when wet-and wouldn't you know we were going to the Bahamas?

I couldn't figure out why the pieces of wedding cheese cake were so small at the reception. We had bought an extra large tier that wasn't on display. Well, neither the cake or reception people know what happened to it or the container of fruit that was left to add to the top of the cake. Oh yeah, the top of my cake was mixed fruit and I was missing like half of it. It was good though and the one complaint was that everyone's piece was too small.

The reception hall decided to modify my seating plan-which had my inlaws sitting across the hall from each other because they were in the middle of a nasty divorce-not next to each other! Luckily I had a great DJ who swapped tables around. I wondered why my second uncle and third cousins were sitting at the table next to my parents! It could have been MUCH worse.

And finally the photographer-though if they miss you coming into the church, the husband standing at the front of the church, the first kiss and your MIL coming into the reception with you ring bearer and flower girl, would you honestly call them one? Or having to ask to move because you are looking straight into the sun and everyone's face is squinted up? Let's see, we are going on 5 years and have yet to get our wedding album done. We can't even find good pictures out the lot. I'll spare you the details on how the ones he did take came out.

Our guests had a great time though. Everyone is still talking about how great it was. Our DJ was first rate and got 4 contracts that I know of out of it.