View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

We had the full blown huge wedding planned down to a T (my mom did the planning while I was still in college, I got married 3 weeks after I graduated). We had 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen, 6 ushers, plus a ring bearer and two flower girls - so a large wedding party.

Part of the plan was that the attendents would park their cars at the club where the reception was being held. A limo service was taking us all from the church to the reception, we had ordered 4, and then one limo would stay and take me and my husband to our hotel for the night (we were leaving the next morning for our honeymoon).

The wedding went of without a hitch, it was beautiful. So, after the ceremony, we all stay behind to have the pictures taken. This takes quite a while, so the church is deserted. We walk out to go to the reception and NO LIMOS. The only cars that were at the church were family members who had been in the pictures. Somehow, we piled in, everybody sitting on top of each other crammed into these cars. I was sitting on my husbands lap in the front seat of his dad's car (2 door sports car) - mind you, I had a stiff satin gown with a cathedral length train and veil - try cramming that into a front seat!

It was absolutely hilarious when we got to the reception, watching everybody come piling out of cars, like some comedy skit.