View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Great thread.

Nothing major went wrong with my wedding, but there were a few minor things.

- DH and I had arranged for a room at the reception hotel for the night before the wedding. (The honeymoon suite on the wedding night was part of the package.) First they sent us to a room that had one twin bed instead of the king bed they'd promised. When we asked for a different room, they gave us a room that had a king bed... and was occupied. Finally they found a room for us - two twin beds, but hey, it was only one night and we did have the king bed for the wedding night.

- I forgot my shoes!! I said I'd walk down the aisle in stocking feet, but DH insisted on driving back to our apartment to get my white shoes.

- The band forgot that my MOH was going to give a toast. So, my mom and in-laws do a toast, the best man does his toast, and the band starts playing! Well, you don't mess with my MOH - she made it quite clear that she had a toast to give too.

- It rained, so our photos had to be done indoors.

- DH is a klutz, so I joked before the wedding that I was going to arrange with the rabbi to have white wine, not red. DH said, no, the wine has to be red. So, at the ceremony, the rabbi handed me the glass of wine (the glass is metal and therefore opaque), and surprise - the wine was white. I took a sip and handed the glass to DH. DH did a double take. Later, our best man told us that he thought DH had gotten last-minute cold feet and was about to run away!

But nothing really bad happened