View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my sorority sisters had a tough reception, but they handled it perfectly! There was a huge storm between her ceremony and reception and the reception hall lost power! So, there was no power at all and it was a really warm summer day. The storm had passed and it was perfectly clear outside so they worked with the reception hall and moved it into the parking lot of the hall! They brought out huge barbecues and cooked on those. Someone brought their RV to the parking lot and they used the generator on it to hook up the DJs equipment and danced in the parking lot. She was a really good sport and just said "Nobody is going to forget MY wedding, are they???"

After my first one, when I got so upset over minor stuff and ruined my own party, really, I always tell brides that the only thing that matters that day is that they end up married by the end of the day.

My friends' sister had a really rough one, but they also made the most of it. Her father had brain cancer but was able to come to the ceremony. However, he passed out during the ceremony and had to be hospitalized. After things calmed down and he was conscious again, the priest married them in his hospital room, just like in a movie. It was more important to her that her dad be present for her wedding than anything else, so she got her wish.