View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

h200t, I have to say, that's why it makes me nervous when I read, "Oh, you'll be a wonderful addition to any chapter," or, "they're the ones missing out." People can represent themselves as anything on the Internet, and if even if they're not lying their self-perception may be very different than what others see in them. It happens in rush all the time that a rushee thinks she totally fits in with chapter XYZ, and the sisters don't feel that way at all and never will. Or she has this great background and happens to sleep with half the men on campus - which isn't the sort of thing a PNM would volunteer on GC.

I don't want to imply that everyone who posts here is lying or deluded, just that the possibility is there! There are of course plenty of wonderful people who for whatever reason don't get a bid, and without knowing someone personally, I don't want to be the one to judge. But I sometimes think that we ought to give the chapters a bit more credit. I'm sure if we think back to rushing we can all recall girls who wanted our chapter badly and who felt they were a natural for us, but who we turned down, and not because they were just too #11 on our bid list when quota was 10.