Thread: A Bad Advisor!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I know what you are saying about leading a horse to water, but this seems out of control. Some of the girls do party.

However, it is uncharectersitic of these girls to blatantly break the rules. For instance, this alumna said it was ok for them to drink in the house because she did it 10someodd years ago and it wasn't a big deal. Well it is a big deal now. One of the sororities was put on probation last semester for greek life finding a beer can in their house. The girls who were drinking had to go infront of standards. After that some of them tried to stay away from the alumna.

We recently had formal and the alumna freaked out on the whole chapter when she found out that we don't allow drinking on the bus to formal, which was a 15 minute drive, she wrote emails to exec and other alumna to plead that we stop this practice because it violated our trust in our sisters. When that didn't work, she had some of the actives meet her and got them so drunk that they weren't even allowed to get on the bus because they were so fall down drunk. One girl threw up right in the middle of the greek row.

I mean we have alumna from time to time come visit. But nothing like this. She calls sisters constantly, writes emails, texts, and then shows up and DEMANDS that we meet her because she is a chapter founder.

From what I can tell she doesn't get along with any of the other alumna that act as our advisors and they are all about the same age. One of our advisors stays as far as humanly possible away from her because apparently there was an incident when she was a new member that involved this alumna who was a senior.

I don't know if she knows any other alumni her age. Our college is in a small, almost rural town. Only the college is really there. She lives and works in one of the major citys in our state. I would think that there would be more people for her to socialize with there.

I don't want to sound like I don't want alumna around or I don't like them or anything. I love our advisors, they are great! And most of the alumni I have met at homecoming or have come help out during recruitment or something have been very nice and funny and just seem to love being with us. This alumna is different.

Last edited by Froggy11; 04-22-2008 at 11:05 AM.