View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I am finally back. Daughter did call Monday night but it was too late to post. Due to work committments yesterday I did not get home till late. Then all I wanted to do was watch the Olympics and crash.

Daughter is thriving at rush. She did not think it was going to be as much fun as it's been. She loves the energy and chants and all of it. She has formed some bonds with the other pnm's in her group as well. Monday was open house at all the 12 sororities and here is her review:

Rodeo - Although the visit was pleasant enough, the conversation was a bit stilted. Daughter thinks rusher may have been a bit shy. Not too keen on this house.

Cowgirl - She was with a girl that she felt like she'd known all her life. Everything was effortless. She cannot wait to go back and really likes this group,

Lady Bird - Wow! What an amazing group of girls. She said they went out of their way to make her feel welcome and really liked them. They are a top contender.

Chaps - She was a bit intimidated by this group at first - everyone was so blonde and beautiful. But they were also so sweet and not in the least snobby. One good thing is that they have a high chapter GPA and this impressed daughter.Once she relaxed, she had a good time. She wants to go back here.

Magnolia - She and the girl she got paired with laughed the entire time. She had so much fun here and can't wait to see them again.

Chili - They did their homework and paired her with someone with the same interests, and it worked. She got along great here.

Brazos - She really didn't have anything in common with the girl here, but for some reason they clicked well and the 20 minutes went by fast.

Stagecoach - This one didn't get off to a great start - the conversation didn't seem to go well here. This is definitely lower down on her list.

Pecan - She enjoyed the girls here, but the homes were starting to run together by then. Middle of the pack on her list.

Mustang - The member she was paired with had more energy than the whole room combined. Daughter doesn't know if she could keep up with this group. She's getting a party vibe from them - which is not necessarily good considering she has a fairly rigorous major.

Canyon - this was the biggest disappointment of the day. They were standoffish (my words, hers were more colorful) Ok, they were plain rude. Rusher ignored daughter. Fellow sister came over and both started talking to each other. Daughter tried to ask questions but all she got was yes and no answers. Later at lunchtime, she heard from several pnm's that this is one of the TOP houses and is extremely sought after.

Spurs - The rusher here seemed to be going through the motions, not much enthusiasm or excitement. In all fairness to the Spur girl, this was the last party of the day.

The pnm's were required to list 8 houses they wanted to return to, in no particular order. Her choices were :

Cowgirl
Lady Bird
Chaps
Magnolia
Chili
Brazos
Pecan
Mustang

Her bottom four were ranked from best to least liked:
1. Spurs
2. Rodeo
3. Stagecoach
4. Canyon - she thought she'd return the favor. Per daughter, the other pnm's are welcome to it.

Daughter wasn't allowed to have her phone at rush, so she called me later last night but only for a few minutes as she was exhausted. She will call later to give more details. So you will have to wait until then!

Last edited by Bluebonnet Mom; 08-26-2008 at 02:14 PM.