View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utcutie315 View Post
I also know that to start the process of adding another organization on campus, someone (i.e. ME) has to show interest and a willingness to move forward with it. I can’t do it on my own and I know that and I also know that it will be a long process. However, it is a process that I’m willing to do. And that’s all that matters. Not what you say on here.
Actually, if you are trying to start a new NPC sorority on campus, your interest is irrelevant. It is a decision made by Panhellenic. Sometimes expansion occurs when a local group petitions for a national affiliation, but that doesn't seem to be what you are talking about. As for ground up colonization, the local Panhellenic assesses the situation and decides whether or not to open the campus for extension. Then any NPCs that are interested submit packets for consideration. Then the local PH reviews the application packets and chooses which NPCs to invite to make presentations. Then, PH votes and that NPC can accept or decline their invitation.

Most of us aren't trying to be mean, it's just that we understand that the extension process can be long and is not in your hands. That would be pretty frustrating to put your heart and soul into something and then realize you have no control over the outcome.

Last edited by irishpipes; 08-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.