View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

From talking to my friends it seems like a lot of girls drop out of recruitment at SC...it seems to be the quintessential type of recruitment we can't stand on GC where the overwhelming majority of women decide they only want to be in part of certain sororities from the onset (not you necessarily Trojan01). Although I would be shocked if being a sophomore seemed to hurt you...my friend in XYZ today (which is seen as extremely strong) said that about a third of their pledge class is sophomores.

Growing up where I was from (Southern California) there were certain sororities that it just seemed like "everybody" was a part of and many of my friends who went through SC recruitment only focused on those. What many PNMs don't realize about USC recruitment is that those sororities have such limited space available in their pledge classes after all the legacies and girls they knew in high school, etc. I think what they also don't realize is that even though the other sororities aren't the OMGTOPTIER sorority on campus, the vast majority are among the strongest chapters of their respective GLOs in terms of numbers, social, philanthropy, housing...pretty much any aspect you could imagine! It's an incredible Greek system.