View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzieAlum
Whoa, I think ya'll are being way harsh. There are people who are great people but who don't want to be what they perceive Greek to be. Maybe Rock Chalk's friend is one of those people. That doesn't mean they are right about what Greek Life is like, at least most places. But come on, I know there are schools where an arty-looking theater type with funky clothes and a few extra piercings wouldn't even be considered by a sorority.

And yes, there are people who go through rush as a joke - and get in. I have two wonderful sisters who went through rush as freshmen with two other girls just to spoof the whole process. Guess what, they didn't get cut from rush, and while their two friends did drop out, these girls changed their minds and committed to Alpha Xi Delta.

So while I can't verify any details of RockChalk's story, it's hardly as unbelievable as people seem to think it is!
Well, you're of course entitled to your interpretation and opinion -

I never said that there weren't people who go through rush as a joke, - however, there is a big difference between someone going through not expecting/wanting to get in, and someone who puts on some kind of weird act and says rude things (allegedly) to the sisters who are inviting you into their houses. I don't think that's cool - either way. It's great that it worked out for you, fuzziealum, and that you have 2 great sisters now, but I don't think that they acted like asses during rush either. Either way, I don't know RockChalk from a hole in the ground - so I don't mean to make personal insults or whatever, but it really seemed like she was pulling that story out of her ass. Just my opinion!