View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Ack! Maybe my reading comprehension is down or my mind is going but I didn't realize this was a live recruitment. I think I'm mixing up threads now because didn't we just have a "brutally honest" thread that was retro?

A. fantASTic - get off your high horse. My comment was not the only one asking the OP for the code. As a matter of fact, I didn't even PM and ask the OP for a code. Sometimes I like just reading recruitment story threads for the entertainment value, and don't mind that I don't get the full story.

B. WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE STEREOTYPES LIKE THESE ON EVERY CAMPUS. In fact, of the five chapters that were on my campus, each of the "campus stereotypes" that were talked about here are represented. When I was a senior, a freshman asked me, upon finding out my affiliation, "why are you in the ... sorority?" It happens, and with the advent of websites that shall remain nameless, it happens quicker than it used to. I don't know why we get so surprised or offended when a PNM gets on here and mentions that there is a group on campus called the "fat sorority" or "snobby."

In fact, I would go so far as to guarantee that 90% of us, as actives on campus or as potential new members, at least once called another sorority by one of their negative stereotypes. Sure, to post it online shows a lack of discretion, which is why I don't really like the live threads anyway - they make me nervous.

I guess it's my bad though for not realizing this was live. I thought the OP was posting under a pseudonym? At any rate, maybe this thread would be better after the fact.

Just let us know how it goes, ok?