View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

get excited!

I'm so excited for you! cornell recruitment starts tuesday!!

quick rundown of your questions, although they have been answered by others too...

I wondered if anyone knew about Cornell recruitment? Is it very competitive? Are recs suggested?

it's competitive and recs are not necessary but are a good way ( at least in my chapter) to get more attention for yourself. with so many girls rushing this is (usually) a good thing.

What do they mean by "business casual" vs. "business attire"?

anything dressy that you might wear for a presentation in class would be appropriate. don't feel you have to wear a suit, some people just look frumpy in them (me). when they say professional they just mean not jeans, nothing revealing obvi - be classy. and as for attire vs casual the house tours day is just a slightly more casual ensemble than skit round. make sure you can sit down politely if you wear a skirt to skit round, some houses you will be sitting on the floor so dont flash anyone.

I've read through all the tips on GC but wondered if anyone had any current advice about Cornell?

recruitment this year is going to be great! every house is excited and with one less chapter this year it will be slightly more competitive but don;t worry about that!
it is a tiring week, but its fun! what to expect- being cold, girls screaming at you when you walk in their house... other than that keep an open mind. rush is a 2 sided process, you are picking a house as they are picking you. keep in mind what you want to get out of a sorority. (maybe nothing, maybe you are just rushing for the experience. if that's the case, don't tell that to the girls that are rushing you, there is no faster way to get cut from a house). i had a good rush experience and ended up in a house i love. there are a lot of great houses at Cornell and cool people in every single one.

Recruitment starts in January! I'm so excited!

me too! see you soon!