View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
The original idea was to involve the PNMs with the chapter members in something meaningful and of use to the chapter's philanthropy. However, the problem in execution has become that its hard to comeup with something useful, that is easy to make, can be made expertly with minimal instruction, can be made while holding a conversation, and is of real use to the philanthropy.

Again, something that looked good on paper .. creating something for the philanthropy .. but not so good in practice.
Thanks to everyone for the explanation. I can say I learned something on GC today.

I imagine everyone in a national/international organization has some experience with the "looked good on paper" phenomenon. I would think if I were a PNM/rushee, what I'd be interested in philanthropy-wise is why this GLO chose this philanthropy, how the GLO supports the philanthropy nationally, how the chapter supports the philanthropy (or, "what would I be expected to do"), and maybe what it has meant to one or two chapter members to be connected to the philanthropy.