View Single Post
Old 04-28-2002, 08:26 PM

50-60 MAX. That's just my opinion. I want to know all my sisters, whether they are wearing letters or not. I cannot imagine looking across campus, seeing someone in my letters, and not knowing her name. Just the thought of that makes me feel empty inside. I would rather have more small groups than a few large groups. I think it would make it easier to connect.

But then again, if you go to a school w/ 35,000 people, 180 probably seems like an intimate tea party. I didn't want that kind of school, so I think it is logical that I wouldn't want that kind of sorority. There are people who DO want that kind of school and sorority and love it and thrive. Different strokes for different folks.

I think it is all what you are used to, or in the case of rushees who are legacies, what you were brought up with. If your mom took you as a child to visit her huge house at LSU and you end up at a college where the groups have 6 person houses, you will most likely say "what is this weak ass shiznit?"

As far as how your nationals look at you, I agree that the whole situation needs to be taken into account. 35 members may not sound impressive until you hear that there are 1000 people in the school and only 1% goes greek. Then you've got a third of the Greek population!

Last edited by 33girl; 04-28-2002 at 10:35 PM.