Thread: Wedding Cakes
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
LOL, I still adhere to this! I especially HATE to see bridesmaids in red! I just think it's awful!
I picked "red" but let my ladies pick their flattering shade. I'm doing a bunader wedding if I ever decide again to get married, but since my ladies aren't Norwegian I think I'll just ask them to wear their own culturally significant ensemble, or a piece of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I wonder if non-Western cultural influences have changed that, or if it's just been people saying "screw that" to tradition.
I like the intersection of background and how the US influences it (I am assuming, but not sure this is the same for Canada). White is a huge no no in a lot of Asia, and red is the best color. In my background we wear our traditional fancy dress, but the bride wears a crown. We also don't get given away, the couple walks together down the aisle, which I really like. There would be a procession to the church from the bride's home, with fiddler's and everyone would go as a big group. Since I'm grandfather and fatherless, I think I may go the give myself with my spouse route.