View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

(The previous post was getting long.) I am also a P.E.O., so in addition to the AGD Purpose, I have another set of precepts to guide me. My favorite phrases now are in bold.

The Objects and Aims of this sisterhood shall be general improvement, which shall comprehend more thoroughly the following points:

To seek growth in charity toward all with whom we associate and a just comprehension of and adherence to the qualities of Faith, Love, Purity, Justice, and Truth.

To seek growth in knowledge and in culture, and to obtain all possible wisdom from nature, art, books, study, and society, and to radiate all light possible by conversation, by writing, and by the right exercise of any talent we possess.

To aim at self-control, equipoise, and symmetry of character, and temperance in opinion, speech, and habits.

It shall be the chief duty of each member to consider thoughtfully the full import of P.E.O. This will include a sincere regard for our influence in the community, a careful consideration of feeling when speaking, and a determination to do all we can, at all times, and under all circumstances to express a loving concern for each sister.