View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I have a question for you all about legacies. If I knew some super important legacy was going through (example, her twin sister is currently in the chapter, her mom was in the chapter, her great ancestor started that particular chapter of the organization, etc), I would probably be hard pressed to cut her. As long as she wasn't rude and obnoxious, the fact that maybe she didn't have a good conversation flow with one of the members wouldn't make me want to cut her, while as for any other girl it would be. There are no guarentees, obviously but I think a huge connection like that is more important. This is not the situation for all people, but I wouldn't, would you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
I would assume it's a combination of rfm and the geometric increase in the numbers of legacies with each generation. When you have more legacy pnms than invitations available for the second round of recruitment, you have no choice but to cut some legacies. I assume that most groups' policies are to provide some kind of special consideration for legacies, but sometimes automatically passing a pnm on to the second round is no longer possible.

^^^This.

I tend to think that as long as a legacy isn't glaringly terrible or an obvious bad fit, then she deserves a chance. If there are spots avail. and the legacies seems to fit well, I don't think anyone is saying that chapters should just go cutting them just because.

However, the decision is not so cut and dry at bigger schools. At some SEC schools, there are chapters that could fill an entire NM class with JUST legacies. So you just have to start cutting them.

There may not be anything wrong with any of them. In fact, most of them might be excellent young ladies, but you just cannot keep them all and expect to have room for non-legacies as well.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-18-2010 at 02:12 AM.