Thread: Wedding shoes
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I hate the idea of garter and flower tossing. Many of the weddings I have attended do not do them because it is seen as an outdated (and ridiculous) tradition.

Random/
The theme at every wedding I have attended has been to finish ALL official/photographer photos before the wedding party enters the reception, so there will be no back-and-forth. Once people change into the comfy shoes (and/or get some MORE dranks in them), there are to be no more official photos taken.

The rest of the photos are taken by friends and family...and sometimes the photographer's photos of the cake cutting that doesn't show the shoes, anyway.
We're not doing a bouquet or garter toss either. There will be only a handful of single people at our wedding aside from children, and I wasn't going to embarrass them by making them get up on the dance floor and compete with children for a bouquet/garter.

But I have a question about the photography thing, DrPhil. You mean your friends don't have the photographer take any photos during the reception? Up here it's common for couples to take the posed shots prior to the wedding, but we certainly have the photographer at the reception, too. My photographer will be with us for eight hours.