View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumom2010 View Post
Hi,

Glad to join this thread. My daughter, "Cassie" is also a PNM. Today she visited 10 groups and will visit 7 more tomorrow. She said that it was very hot, but a good day. She liked all but about 2 of the groups. Two or three groups made very positive first impressions on her. In general she liked the groups that made an effort to have you meet lots of people more than the groups where you met only one or two members.

On a less positive note, she is very stressed out over her new roommate.
They are polar opposites. The new roomie has already said she likes to smoke, drink and sleep with lots of boys. My daughter is pretty much a straight arrow. Any good advice?

aumom - welcome, and good luck to your daughter. Remember that impressions change from day to day, so I hope that the "straight arrow" finds that she likes a kite, a key, an anchor, a quill, a diamond, or any of another of many other shapes, that she also likes (sorry carnation, couldn't resist).

Seriously: the roommate situation needs to be addressed immediately. We are talking about 18 year olds so it might be somewhat scary for your daughter to speak up for herself. I would think that sooner rather than later would be preferable if she needs to make a change. She's not the only one in this situation, I promise you. Encourage her to speak with her RA, and give her lots of support and love this week as she goes through recruitment.

Here's hoping everyone has a great week. I still want to go to Auburn and Alabama and Ole Miss (road trip!) for recruitment; what an experience it sounds (and looks) like.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity