View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I have counseled my daughter to try to get along with her roommate and wait till the end of the month, and to try to work out compromises.

As far as recruitment goes, "Cassie" said that today went fine, although she did end up putting 4 of the 7 groups she visited today on her cut list. She felt she had presented herself well in all the groups. She had only one instance of "awkward silence" and that was because her host kept looking away and cutting her eyes over to someone else as if she wanted to get away. She also said that her roommate and several other girls she talked to said that they had lots of awkward moments. She has at least 7 or 8 groups where she feels she could be happy.

We are new to everything Greek, but I am wondering if we have been kidding ourselves about the amount of partying and drinking that goes on in sororities. Almost everyone in her Pi Chi group cut one group because they thought they would not party enough, and that group was one of my daughter's top five.

My belief going into this was that all sororities have some party girls and some girls who drink very little if any, and don't sleep around. Am I wrong?

I will be curious to hear from Auburn dad and get "Emma's" take on the first round.