View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
From reading these boards for awhile, it seems that this is a decision that each campus panhellenic gets to make. It appears that some schools place the QAs with the lowest total chapter, whereas others seem to place them in the PNMs first choice chapter.

Personally I like the theory of placing them in the smallest group, as QAs can be a way for the large to get even larger. However, having scores of PNMs getting their 3rd choice (and then them not showing up) is not exactly what we want either.
I almost always prefer the option that helps a smaller chapter. However, when it comes to QA's, a woman can not be added unless all of her pref chapters have made quota anyway. In that case, I think that it should be "rules be damned, let the GA do what she has to in order to maximize the number of women placed as QA's, while staying under 5% of quota".

Also, from the PNM's point of view, if one of her prefs is at the chapter that can't make quota, it makes no difference whether or not she lists them on her bid card, she is not going to be a QA at her first choice.